ABS light/warning buzzer when gripping front brake

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DaSpyda

Reaction score
This morning, I started my '06 AE, shifted into neutral, and backed up out of my garage.

When I engaged the front brake, the ABS light came on, the buzzer sounded, and the engine trouble indicator light came on. When I released it, all that went away.

After warmup, and first stop - no sound or lights as stated above. After 25 minute ride - lights and sounds.

I'm thinking ABS issues, but could it be the brake lever itself, for some reason?

NOTE: last weekend, the bike was in 22 degree weather and I poured hot water on the kill switch to close the contacts so I could start her up.

Thanks for your thoughts,

Don

This morning, I started my '06 AE, shifted into neutral, and backed up out of my garage.
When I engaged the front brake, the ABS light came on, the buzzer sounded, and the engine trouble indicator light came on. When I released it, all that went away.

After warmup, and first stop - no sound or lights as stated above. After 25 minute ride - lights and sounds.

I'm thinking ABS issues, but could it be the brake lever itself, for some reason?

NOTE: last weekend, the bike was in 22 degree weather and I poured hot water on the kill switch to close the contacts so I could start her up.

Thanks for your thoughts,

Don

Check the brake fluid levels in the front and rear reservoirs. Don't depend on looking from the outside open them up and look inside. If they are low, you will probably have to straighten out the black rubber insert to fill them properly or you'll have DOT4 all over the place when you close them.

I'd also take the right hand housing apart and dry out everything where you poured the water. Try some electric contact cleaner in there.