Ohio Fall Ramble

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

escapefjrtist

Searching for Dry Roads
Reaction score
Meeting Saturday morning at the pre-flight point

Ganggassing.jpg

The gang: Color coordinating...don't those blue jackets look nice?

Jay, Escape, FJRocket, valetz, yamaholic and Dennis

Picwowhea.jpg

All right, gotta add wheaton to the mix

Picwwhea.jpg

Takin a Break

Break.jpg

We hear there is a market for full figure models :D valetz with the infamous jacket

FJRocket looks on to watch the merchandise :lol:

valetzjacketf.jpg

Now the back view...

valetzjacketb.jpg

Another break at Lake Hope..Man we gotta take parking lessons from the Harley dudes. :blink:

GangatHope.jpg

A shot of the lake

LakeHope.jpg

Fun ride & meeting new friends... Let the planning begin for the Spring run. Everybody up for it?

--G

I'm ready to go back already!!!!

Thanks for the pics!

Wheaton should stay at home though. He's pressing his luck...

JK, We all had GOOD KARMA during the ride.

valetzjacketf.jpg

Hmm..... Methinks I didn't need that burger..... :D

-bvw.
See Tom in the background? " My EYES.... my EYES.....!!!! TAKE IT OFF!!!!!! "

:D

Hey, looks like you guys had fun!. ....... glad to see another blue take up the torch to hang with you guys.

Hopefully, see you all in the spring....... or sooner if the weather holds for a bit. B)

Scooter

Heya fellows...

Thanks for posting the pics! And thanks to everyone who made the trip! Suffice to say, we all had a really good time!

Next time...we ARE GOING TO WV!!! Plan on a spring run meeting near Marietta for a WV ramble.

Hey, Yamaholic, I wanna do an Ohio Ramble on my dirt bike! I just bought a WR250F. Looks like those Hocking Hills might be calling my name. Ready for some DUAL SPORT?

Rocket- Oh boy, you're going to have fun on that thing!

I ride a YZ250F (motocross version of your bike) and used to have a WR400F. Unfortunately the YZ is not licensed for dual sport, and I have no plans to convert it, but it is setup for trail riding/hare scrambles. Check out www.thumpertalk.com for mod details (I was one of the founders back in '99, but rarely get on there now). In order for your WR to run correctly (ie fast), you need to make several jetting changes and shorten the throttle stop to YZ specs. Also, try to find a used stock YZ exhaust (silencer only)...these will really make the bike come alive. Call me...I've been playing with the Yamaha 4 stroke singles for 5 years so I can share some good tips I've picked up over the years.

There are hundreds of miles of legal trails in Wayne National Forest (was just there last weekend) that are just begging to be explored. It spans into Hocking and Athens county, among others IIRC. I can't join you on the road, but can certainly show you around the trails. We can also meet sometime at Haspin Acres in IN, but I will warn you that you better know how to *ride* to survive there. Wayne is pretty sane--but you still need to know how to handle the bike on hills, mud, and ruts.

Wheaton- Glad you're excited!!! Me too, bud! I may just start the ride on the river and ride 90% of the time in WV. It's too early to start planning as the scouting season is just about over, but I'll look into it next year.

Heya fellows...
Thanks for posting the pics! And thanks to everyone who made the trip! Suffice to say, we all had a really good time!

Next time...we ARE GOING TO WV!!! Plan on a spring run meeting near Marietta for a WV ramble.
Hey Yamaholic,

I know the spring Ramble is 3 months away, but I'm planning vacation and am wondering which weekend in April this will be.

Also, is this going to be a Saturday only ride?

Just wonderin...

Good question, Mark. I'm waiting to find out where the location of the EOM will be. If the decision is made to host the event in WV during the first half of the year, I was going to help plan routes near the Cannan Valley area and forgo the OSR.

If the EOM is planned for elsewhere, or for late in the year, then late April is likely the most appropriate time to host the ramble in WV. Either way, I'll have routes planned for either event.

Plan on April 22 if the EOM is late in the year or elsewhere on the E coast.

As far as a multiple day ramble...I'm actually all for that! All its going to take is some planning.

Thanks for the info yamaholic...

I'll just keep watching the boards.

(It would be nice if the EOM was earlier in the year as the CFO is mid-september this time to avoid the high July heat like we hit last year.)