A new FJR Forum...

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

teerex51

The Italian Scallion
Reaction score
FJRForum.com has a "little bro" in Italy... :clap:

We have set up a new board after becoming disillusioned with the older one (ring a bell, anyone?).

I want to thank the Admins here for pledging their support and a special thank you to Gunslinger for that incredible picture from Alaska. That had to be our first front page...

Our Italian Site

I will change pics on a regular basis and I hope you won't mind if I "borrow" the occasional shot from "big bro". As a matter of fact, Slapnpop already thought our logo looked kinda familiar (his own bike's in it) :D .

Come visit our site. Click under ENTER there and you'll access the Forum.

There's a section for foreign friends (WorldWideFriendz) where you can post without having to register. 2007 Edit: this is no longer possible as we had to tighten up our site security...

Our Forum is one day old and still sort of lonely but our member base will surely grow in the weeks to come.

Stef

FJRForum rocks -- worldwide

Last edited by a moderator:
Stef,

Congratulations on the site. I wish I spoke Italian...and many other languages for that matter. Can we post in World Wide Friendz in English?

Good luck with it.

gypsy

Sure thing, bro.

You're all welcome to write in English :friends:

(We'll respond in English, of course :D )

Stef

This is my queue to start learning Italian properly then, my girlfriend being Italian and all. I'm up to a point where I can almost maintain a meaningful conversation with her of, um, 30 seconds :lol: Shouldn't be too difficult, I suppose, seeing I already speak other Latin-derived languages. Once you know one (or two or three), you know all the others (or not :D ). And I find the tv's at home tuned in to RAI more and more, lately...

Anyway, good thing. FJR forums are never too few!

Tanti auguri e buona fortuna!

Gracias, Obrigado, Grazie Bro :D

Come and see us...and not just on the Forum, seen as how we're almost neighbors

Stef

I will be in Lecco eilther The first week in December or sometime in January. I will definetely be there in March. This is a business trip and I will be bikeless. Just wondering how far away you are from Lecco? :lol:

Drjfjr,

I can see Lecco on a clear day...

I'm some 35 miles to the SE of the town & lake.

Keep in touch, bro. Beer's on me when you're here B) .

Stef

It is possible to 'read' the web pages from the clubs where they don't PDP and have color choices B) This service is a brute force translator -- word for word without regard for syntax so the reading may be a bit bumpy.

Translator

Sites that don't use frames or Java can be translated by using the TRANSLATE A WEB PAGE. Paste the URL, choose German to English, click TRANSLATE and that's it. Teerex51's site opens with Java which the translator can't deal with, so you have to highlight; ctrl c (copy); ctrl v (paste) text into the TRANSLATE BLOCK OF TEXT, choose the to/from language, click TRANSLATE and read away.

Looks like you have a great site in the making!

Alan

very nice stef . get those boys off the ducks . and on to the 1300

Stef: Congratulations on the new site. I only wish I could speak/read Italian.

I’ve been to Italy twice on vacation and will be going back for a third time in August of 2006. The 2003 trip was to Venice, Florence & Rome. The 2005 trip was to Sorrento, Positano & Rome. 2006 will take us back in Positano, Rome, Venice and then north to Salzburg. The 2006 trip has five of us coming, so there’s little chance I’ll get any motorcycling days.

As for speaking Italian: I just started a beginners’ Italian class. I felt so stupid in the little town were we stayed. In the large cities, everyone could speak English. But in Calle’ de Fontenelli, we were helpless in the market and restaurant. Never again.

Jim

Nice site,

My mother is fluent in Italian

alas I am not

I guess I should have listened when she tried to

teach me Italian and the Piano

I do like that Desert color on Yamaha's Italian website.

Larry

Ummmmm, dove è il tasto inglese?

Nice site. I just may join to spread my annoying ways to the Continent! :D ;)

(If it translates, 'Blow my English twig', don't blame me. Blame Google!)

Thanks for your comments everyone. :)

Our Eye-talian Forum is tiny compared to this one but we're having fun.

And that's why Twowheelnut's announcement above sounds especially ominous :haha:

As for speaking Italian, I guess that helps where the locals have no English.

The younger generations all speak some, however. It's the old farts like me you've gotta steer clear of :cownoy:

BTW, GalaxyBlue just posted in our forum by using Google's translator. I have no idea what he originally said but it sure was nice of him to pay us a visit.

So far he's our first member from Missouri ;)

Stef

Nice site. The only Italian I understand would translate to eiher food or four letter words in English. I like the look of your front page.

Ciao Stef - I finally figured out how to send you my hellos and congratulations on the new board! :clap: :clap: :clap:

Give Chris and Jenny a hug for us.

Ride safely.

JW

Stef

The site looks great. Looks like I will be in Lecco the week of December 5th. I sure have missed the exspresso there. I was in Lecco during the summer 3 years ago and went to the lakes and over to Switzerland. Great roads for 2 wheels. I missed my bike while I was there. I will let you know more details when it gets closer to the date.

DRJFJR

Nice site Stef. Guardare buono.

Ho vissuto in Italia e l'ho amato. (hope that makes sense)