Switching Miles and Kilometers

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Coyote

Reaction score
I looked at my my LCD display and was shocked by the milage. I thought someone took my bike for a huge joy ride. It didn't take me too long to figure out that I somehow switched it from miles to kilometers, but I have no idea what I did. Nor do I know how to set it back to miles. :unsure:

Can anyone here tell me how to do it? Better yet, will you tell me?

Hold the "select" (left) button down until the numbers togle back to miles. It's easy to hold the select button too long when resetting the trip odometers, so that would be my guess as to how you did it

This info is in the owners manual.

This info is in the owners manual.
Geez. Top center of page 3-4. I'll add "learn to read" to my todo list, right after I learn to write.

Thanks Mike... :blink:

You should have kept it in KM......Think of the bragging rights on how far you could go on a tank of gas! ;)

You should have kept it in KM......Think of the bragging rights on how far you could go on a tank of gas! ;)
The best part of the whole thing, is that I was dumb enough to think my speedometer knew about. So 105 on the speedo really meant I was doing 65 mph. :D

I never gave much thought about why everyone else was only doing about 45 mph on the freeway all of sudden.

No, it doesn't. To me, that is an egregious oversight on Yamaha's part. As much as most Canadian riders venture into the "Lower 48 states" it would be a valuable tool, rather than having to mentally convert speed limits and distances.

Lucky for us most Canadian FJR riders went to school when it was still Imperial measurements rather than the metric system..... It does seem to take forever to get anywhere when the road signs are in miles.

I didn't notice. Never tried it yet. Weird that it doesn't.

My battery is out, but now I will look in the spring and confirm what mike said.

I have to agree with Vulcan on that one.

Spend a lot of time in public school converting back and forth.

But I also have left my 2610 on miles so when running in the US of A I just look down at it.

Have you ever thought of just switching the speedo to a U.S. version that shows kilometers & miles?