Attention All Waiters

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bounce

Chicks Dig Scars
Staff member
Reaction score
Are you a Waiter?

Are you jumpin' and jivin'; vibrating from the anticipation?

Think you can't stand another second of waiting until your Feejer arrives?

Here's a photo I dug up from when we were the first wave of Waiters (2002) and no one in the North America knew if the Feejer was going to be worth the wait. We now know it's worth every second.

Back then even my gear was begging for a chance to ride.

short-timer.jpg

You can bet I've already have some gear waiting for the new FJR!

New helmet, last one was 6 yrs old, and a new jacket as my golden oldie is cracking.

I did not mind waiting until I saw a guy on a 05. He turned the corner and was gone. 4 seconds later my neighbor and I were saying "Damn, where did he go".

Looked-like he just rode off up into the sky or something.

Waiting for me hasen't been bad at all because I have been riding just about everyday. Shucks, I just got back from Miami, had the Venture up to about 75 all the way up thru the Everglades on 41.

See you at the Western owners meeting or Sparta and don't go shedding a tear for us waiters; We'll only be getting the best FJR to come out of tha factory......void of ticking and heating.

Point of interest. Those boots are Rocky Eliminator II's. They were a year old at that time. I used them as primary riding boots until this past year. I'm still wearing them at work on a daily basis and just replaced the inner soles the 2nd pair of replacements from Acadamy Sports.

Great $75 (list $150) investment 5+ years ago.

Last edited by a moderator:
BUMP! :D
Thought we could stir the post for the 2007 waiters! :lol:
I talked to Mike at Redding Yamaha yesterday and was told my bike is in LA and should have it by the end of next week. After three Harleys and one KTM I know this is going to be a blast. I have read all I can read about the FJR now it just needs the grip test.

I talked to Mike at Redding Yamaha yesterday and was told my bike is in LA and should have it by the end of next week. After three Harleys and one KTM I know this is going to be a blast. I have read all I can read about the FJR now it just needs the grip test.

Hey Ride,

What did you end up with an OTD price? Shopping the bay area, but would expand my search if the price was right.

PM me if you want.

[email protected]

Thanks

Hey Ride,

What did you end up with an OTD price? Shopping the bay area, but would expand my search if the price was right.

PM me if you want.

[email protected]

Thanks
13,450 otd I will trade my 950 KTM in on it with cash

Hey Ride,

PM me if you want.

[email protected]

Thanks
NO MORE WAITING!!!

I pick my 07A up tomorrow at 1pm from Bay Area Motorsports West.

I am HAPPY and I'm sure I won't sleep a wink tonight. :yahoo:

Hey Ride,

PM me if you want.

[email protected]

Thanks
NO MORE WAITING!!!

OOPS someone asked what price my 07 was and I said $ 13,450 otd I was wrong that was without tax & lic

Ok you guys are going to grill me but my 07 came in yesterday I told the dealer in medford to sell it to someone else ! I don't have the time to ride it right now ( way to busy at work and willl be for a couple of months) also it is 25 out side and I don't ride in the cold, I told him I will take the next one. SO if you want an 07 there is one at Namus in medford :dribble:

Hey Ride,

PM me if you want.

[email protected]

Thanks
NO MORE WAITING!!!

OOPS someone asked what price my 07 was and I said $ 13,450 otd I was wrong that was without tax & lic
Ride,

So add your sales tax and $147 +- for lic fee and that will be your OTD, unless of course the dealer tacks on any other fees. Plus the profit they make on your KTM.

There are better deals to be had if you haven't signed the papers yet?

Sell your KTM on your own and purchase elsewhere?

PM me if you want.

Kirk

Ok you guys are going to grill me but my 07 came in yesterday I told the dealer in medford to sell it to someone else ! I don't have the time to ride it right now ( way to busy at work and willl be for a couple of months) also it is 25 out side and I don't ride in the cold, I told him I will take the next one. SO if you want an 07 there is one at Namus in medford :dribble:

Did they know when the next bike will be in? How many did Naumes order? Is it built and out of the crate? I know a lot of questions for a guy with an 06 in the garage. I may drop by there just to look and the new 07 color.

Did they know when the next bike will be in? How many did Naumes order? Is it built and out of the crate? I know a lot of questions for a guy with an 06 in the garage. I may drop by there just to look and the new 07 color.
In crate And you deliver to me.

:ph34r:

In crate And you deliver to me.

:ph34r:

You meet me there and write the check. I will ride it to my place, keep it safely in the garage. Heck I will even do the break in for you and 600 mile oil change. You want dino or synthetic. Ask around on the forum for which one is best.

Talked with my local dealer yesterday, Clarks MotorSports Inc in Garden City Ks. They were putting one of their 07's together, bout 5:15 p.m. It is my understanding that it is intended for the sales floor. It is NOT an electric shift. If you are interested their phone number is 620-271-9380. They have been very upstanding people to deal with. They prepped my 05 just like they were supposed to. Good luck and STOP WAITING! :clapping:

Hey it is your fault we were just talking about them in the parking lot the other day and wam it comes in. Really all your fault because when you cam in and saw one on my desktop and zi was undecided you raved so much about them I went out and ut money down on one.

Store in your garage hummmm?