Why I Love My Fjr

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Just Plain Dave

Just Plain Dave
Reaction score
The built on sidebags are nice, and big enough for my helmet. :dwarf: The up and down windshield is great. :super1: It is real purty. ;) But most of all, you can't fit a diesel nozzle in it's tank like you could on my Intruder. :yahoo: Boy can that be a pita to troubleshoot when it kinda runs and kinda quits. :headbonk: Am I the only one who ever did that, or just the only one stupid enough to fess up. :haha:

Don't worry about it Dave, someone does it every season on the amazing race.

Nope, never have done that. Hopefully will think about that now every time I get gas. Worse I have done is to put Premium in on accident.

I almost did it the other day. I pulled the diesel nozzle and kept pushing the regular gas button and nothing would happened . That is when a realized how close I came to doing something lunkheaded. I wish they wouldn't put the diesel and the gas on the same pump.
fool.gif

I almost did it the other day. I pulled the diesel nozzle and kept pushing the regular gas button and nothing would happened . That is when a realized how close I came to doing something lunkheaded. I wish they wouldn't put the diesel and the gas on the same pump. :fool:
Don't do it. Just not worth it. Son put diesel in his Ducati. Story is a sub-plot in this story. Ended with his bike being written off by his insurance company.

I was dual sport riding last year with a guy on a new KTM 500 when he put diesel in it by mistake. Made it about a mile down the road before it sputtered and died.

We drained the tank and put new gas in it and he ran the lithium battery down cranking it over trying to start it.

So we put jumper cables on it and tried to jump start it from a car. Except that he reversed the connections and literally smoked and fried the battery.

We figured he had also fried the computer on his new $10,000 bike with only 600 miles on it but somehow it didn't

A new battery and some tinkering later, it started and ran fine - after it quit smoking..

Oh yeah, this is the same guy who earlier in the day had called me a dumb azz. Uh huh..

As I recall the handle on the diesel nozzle is green. That is what I recall??? On the gas side the handle covers are red or black. Again, that is what I recall
Depends on where you are. Around here, there is one chain that has green for regular and yellow for diesel. Friend of mine managed to fill his Yamaha Venture with diesel. Was a mess cleaning up the four carbs and the rest of the fuel system.

When i was around 16 or 17 filled my 1978 Kawasaki kz650 with diesel and drove it home 2-3 miles. Realized something was wrong running hot and not right. Drained the tank put regular in and had no problems. Ever since i pay a lot more attention when filling up (no daydreaming).

Dunno 'bout put'in diesel in 'em, luv my FJR, cuz I can just put gas in, ride her hard, 'n put her away wet, 'n she's always happy fer mor.
love.gif

Most of the diesal select buttens set to the left on the pumps around here and they are NOT a part of the cluster of 87,89,9x/

Latest posts