lawinter

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

SkooterG

Purveyor of Crooked Facts
Reaction score
It is with great regret that I am reporting that one of our forum members died this past Friday. Larry Winter "lawinter" died after crashing his FJR. Larry was from the Denver, CO area.

While on a ride with another forum member, Larry lost control on a tight left hand turn, missed the turn and was fatally injured. Death was immediate. I have been told the pace was leisurely, and speed was not a factor.

Please join me in expressing my sincerest condolences to Larry's family.

They will be in my thoughts and prayers.

I was sent this info and am passing it on. What I know, I have shared. Please no questions about details. I don't know anything further. This has been extremely difficult for the rider that was riding with Larry, and he has asked that I not mention him. I will respect his wishes.

Be careful out there folks. Lord knows we all love riding our FJRs, and I am not about to start sermonizing. Please, just be careful. Don't let your next FJR ride be your last.

Last edited by a moderator:
Prayers going out for Larry and those he left behind. It's a helpless feeling, reading something like this.

What can I say that has not already been said. :rip: Larry aka "lawinter"

That is BAD news. :blink: :blink: :eh: :eh:

I only know him as a familiar name on this board - as is the case with most. However, we can all put ourselves in lawinter's place...doesn't take much of a mistake or miscalculation to make it our last.

My thoughts and prayer's are with lawinter's family. This will no doubt be an extremely difficult time for his family.

Sad, sad, sad!

Rest in peace, LAWINTER...

EDIT:

LAWINTER'S LAST POST

"Stef, I am glad you and your wife will be OK after a healing period.

Get well and ride again soon.

Glad the gear worked cuz I get laughed at

gearing up for my short commute to and from work.

Heal well and enjoy that great food in Italy.

Larry "

So sad. I see he was one of those who wished Teerex well on his recent episode. :erm:

:rip: :angel: :angel: :angel: Very sad indeed. God speed Larry and Lord, hold his family close to help them get through this time!!

My Condolences to Family & Friends! RIP lawinter Larry. God Speed

Sad news. I'm feeling the chills.

"Do not fear death so much, but rather the inadequate life"

Bertolt Brecht (1898 - 1956), The Mother, 1932

Rest in Peace lawinter.

I echo the sentiments of the others. Thoughts are with friends and family during these difficult times.

Rest in Peace Larry.

Deepest sympathy to his family & friends.

Sad news indeed.... rest well "lawinter" and sincere condolences to family and friends.

I am so sorry to hear that we have lost a good friend. Larry was always willing to help. I know he helped me and my wife when we needed a reputable dealer for servicing in Colorado. He was a great biker and a friend of bikers. If his family needs help of any kind, I hope they would let us know. My deepest sympathies to his loved ones, one and all.

Andrew

Only the good die young. Condolences to his family and friends.

Larry I'm speechless.

I found your get-well message so positive and encouraging.

And now this.

Farewell, bro. May you rest in peace.

My thoughts are with your family, as I know yours would have been with mine

if our fates had been reversed.

Stefano

My best to Larry's family. I hope that his family can find some comfort in knowing that he left this world doing something that he truly loved.

Status
Not open for further replies.