Dropped your '06 yet?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Toecutter

What would DoG do?
Reaction score
To air their dirty laundry and wear the scarf o' shame?

Hey, maybe there can be an award for that at WFO!

No injuries allowed, but you all better get some sliders quick. Take it from a seasoned veteran...

IMG_1315.jpg

I remember your day. Next time stay at a hotel with a flat parking lot. :rolleyes:

+1 on the sliders. My fairing came through relatively unscathed in my crash, thanks to Moto sliders.

The others are casting evil spells against the new owners. :blink:

Beware. Ride safe. I hope no one has an accident.

Got my sliders but no bike. Whats a waiter goin to do? And Bob, enough with the negative waves. Go figure. :blink: PM. <><

T.C. is spreading bad kharma. :nono:
Not even. Call it "Cautionary tales of woe". Gotta get these people thinkin' "CAREFUL".

I'm providing a public service, it's in my nature.

Just in case, put on your sliders before you go for a ride. ;)
Don't be the next fool to drop it while your sliders are sitting in a box or on your desk.

I hadn't gotten around to buying some yet when my mishap occured.

And just knowing how pretty those pretty-boy blue bikes are, they would look way worse than a silver one with some scratches in that pretty blue paint. If my drop can keep somebody else from dropping their brand new pride and joy, it was worth it. I'll gladly fall on my own sword for the right cause. ;)

A tip I've found helpful when backing, especially down an incline, is to look at the steering stem nut. It seems to help keep the bike straight up and down, for me anyway, YMMV. There's a definite point of no return once it starts to lean at very slow speed, JUST WATCH OUT and you'll all be fine.

:D

A tip I've found helpful when backing, especially down an incline, is to look at the steering stem nut. It seems to help keep the bike straight up and down, for me anyway, YMMV. There's a definite point of no return once it starts to lean at very slow speed, JUST WATCH OUT and you'll all be fine.
:D
A tip.....Very "punny"!

Trust us, scratched blue is really ugly with the white primer they use!

Got my sliders but no bike. Whats a waiter goin to do? And Bob, enough with the negative waves. Go figure. :blink: PM. <><
It's
heroes.gif
negative vibes

this topic makes me ill.

i wanted sliders installed on it immediately but they couldn't get to it. i'll be leavin the luggage at home for a while!

Just this am my friend on his Triumph triple dropped it in the parking lot- but not for the common mistake of forgetting to put down the kick stand- but for leaving the bike in neutral on a slightly downward angle. It doesn't take much for the bike to begin moving and the kickstand to move and whammo-

The only damage we could find was a broken clutch handle- that he says was designed to break on a tip over...

Do not leave in neutral at a stop- whether that being parked or at a stoplight- you never know when you are going to want to pop it into gear quick to get out of the way of a car that doesn't see you.

No neutral! I have this argument with my riding buddies all the time; and today one of them lost that argument:(

Toecutter..

Funny you should post this topic. After putting on 4 miles in the dealer lot, (big lot, old Kmart store) doing slow 8's and circles, adjusting controls, bedding in the brakes, determining lean angles, etc.... I finally entered the war zone known as street riding.

My first thought was... don't be the first one... don't do anything stoopid.. and then a young fella in a old Toyota pick up truck proceeded to blow through a red on my green arrow left turn.

My first thought? The forum is going to roast me if this idiot hits me...

I made it through no problems.. just gassed and went.. but still. I was all of .4 miles from the dealer when this happened.

Be Very Careful Noobies. Me too.

this topic makes me ill.
i wanted sliders installed on it immediately but they couldn't get to it. i'll be leavin the luggage at home for a while!
It's not supposed to make you ill. Its supposed to make you very aware. Those of us who've been here on the net for a few years have read the sad posts titled: "I dropped my new bike today". We don't want any of the new class to do the same.

fjrchik, the sliders will not save the side cases. They save the fairing and engine cases, unfortunately the side cases are the rear "high point", so in the event of a tipover the bike rests on the sliders, the cases and the handlebar ends.

4 of us went for a ride at the end of last year and, unbelieveably, 2 of them tipped their bikes. One while saddling up the pillion (each leaned the wrong way and--voila). The second when coming to a stop at a gas staion, foot down in a spot of oil/grease--oops! Both scraped their case lids.

Please, newbies, we know you're excited so be careful out there. In spite of all the waiter-baiting, we really do care.

Hey Toecutter,
What are you using for a helmet lock?
Those are Guardian locks, rekeyed to the Yamaha ignition key, with custom brackets from TownsendsFJR1300 at aol dot com. Drop him a line if you want some. He had a listing in the classifieds but it may be still unavailable.

Latest posts