WANTED: '06 Owner to Start an FAQ Thread

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ignacio

Intramural Culture Warrior
Staff member
Reaction score
I see a lot of threads throughout the board that say things like "Does anybody know if the Moko Sliders will work on an '06?" or "Who makes risers for the '06?"

We've been fortunate with the FJR that almost every aftermarket part has been interchangeable between the '03 and '05, but need to start capturing the '03-'05 vs '06-whatever information in a consolidated place. Maybe even an online matrix.

If one of you is interested in starting to compile this information....let me know. I'd do it myself, but since I don't own an '06 I'm not 100% sure I'd get the facts straight. We've tried to hold a high standard on this FAQ section and I think, ideally, a person that has owned an '05 or earlier and is now on an '06 would be a good candidate.

PM me if interested.

Last edited by a moderator:
Here's a starting to it:

Regarding Wilbers 03' to '05 shock in an '06

> it seems that the 06 has a different chassis and requires us to get it

> into the factory for further evaluation. I do not know when this will

> be, but feel free to check with us from time to time.

> Regards

> Klaus Huenecke

So, not completely ruled out, but probably not likely.

Source: Nils Menten, Micapeak listserv

And here's the first new fresh material courtesty of Mindtrip!

Magnum Blasters on the '06 Bracket mod possible to reduce fork interference/no need to cut plastic.

'03-'05 No fork interference/probably cutting of plastic.

Here's my addition.I traded an 05 for an 06. I took my ThrottleMeister throttle lock off of the 05 and it fit right on the 06.

I'll give it a shot....

don't have my '06 yet (still an AE waiter), but do have the manual... so I'll start copying Ignacio's bin-o-facts.... Maybe someone will pin it.

I don't think it should be just a matter of copying over my other bin-o-facts. I can do that easily. It's creating a thread that focuses on the specific differences of the '06 vs. pre-06 and possibly affirming those points that are the same. And/or which farkles apply, which don't, and which require modification.

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't think it should be just a matter of copying over my other bin-o-facts. I can do that easily. It's creating a thread that focuses on the specific differences of the '06 vs. pre-06 and possibly affirming those points that are the same. And/or which farkles apply, which don't, and which require modification.
I agree totally. But for a start (format, etc...) I copied yours, and will start the edit tonight (I have the service manual)

If you're going to focus on service manual items then I'm going to suggest a matrix with the two sources of information merged will the way to go. May I suggest you figure out only the pieces that are different and let me know those. Then I can convert to a web friendly spreadsheet. Maintaining two separate threads on only specs will be a PITA.