2006 FJR Service Manual

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Which one did you guys order? There seems to be three. :unsure:
I ordered the FJR13AV.

The V stands for 06.

The A is the Standard model.

The AE is the electric shift model.

The C stands for California Model.

Hope this helps. B)

Last edited by a moderator:
Actually, I think all three manuals have the same part number (LIT-11616-19-83) and all the data for the AE model is also in the AV manual as well.

Talked to my dealer yesterday who still claims the 06 A/AE service manual will only be a supplement to go along with the 03-05 manual & both will be required, has anyone else been told this?

Talked to my dealer yesterday who still claims the 06 A/AE service manual will only be a supplement to go along with the 03-05 manual & both will be required, has anyone else been told this?
Yes, that's what the Yamaha manual publisher/distributor...or whatever they are... told me way back when I order mine early this year. As stated by others, they sent me the '03 through '05 and the '06 supplement was to follow, supposedly sometime around the end of April. They told me to keep the base manual and there would be no additional cost for the '06 portion. It's my understanding that there will not be any all-inclusive manual for the '06's. So far I have not received the supplement. Perhaps it's in the mail ;) .

Fjrtn

Yep,

That's what Yamaha is TELLING you, and I, and the dealers... That it's just a supplement, and that you need the prior year manual to be complete...

But, that simply isn't so.

As most of you know, I've had the 2006 service manual for nearly a month now, and believe what you want, but I'm here to tell ya' it is a complete, stand-alone, 768-page Service Manual all by itself. Main reason? There ain't hardly a thang' the same between the 2006's and prior years 'cept maybe the engine internals. How do I know? 'Cuz I got a printed 2005 and earlier FJR Service Manual because I fell for the story about a supplement.

Get what you want, believe who you wish, and pay what you will, but the bottom line is you don't need to buy an earlier manual for your 2006.

Still doubt it?

Well, then just get the so-called 2006 supplement first, take a look at it, and see if I'm wrong. If I am then all you've done is lost a bit of time... The time it will take to get the earlier manual ordered and in your hands. If I'm right, I just saved ya' $60 bucks.

Oh, and yes... The 2006 FJR-1300 Service Manual covers all 2006 models... A, AE, and both 49-state and California.

Dallara

"To Late" already gave'm my $60, hope my dealer will take back my now unsealed manual.

Well, pulling the part number for the first page of the 2006 manual from Dallara's .pdf in the stator thread, that manual/ part # is LIT-11616-19-83. The number listed on the Yamaha order site for this manual is LIT-11616-19-83. Thus I'm assuming that I just ordered the correct manual from the Yamaha website at the top of this thread.

To confirm this, I looked up the previous manual for a 2005 FJR1300, and that part # is LIT-11616-FJ-02. Thus, this verifies Dallara's statements, AND verifies the authenticity of his stator thread, AND verifies that indeed if you order the manual through the link at the top of this page, you should be getting the correct one. :assassin:

I love it when reality comes together. Doesn't happen often for me! :D If you've ordered a manual from your dealership, call them and verify the part number before opening....

I just got an email confirmation that the manual I ordered today on-line has shipped. Package weight is 4.5 lbs. Sounds to heavy to me just to be a supplement.

I'll let you know when it arrives in a few days.

Don't bother ordering a manual, just wait two weeks, and Fred will have created DVD's of every possible service or repair you can think of, plus five hundred farkle ideas you hadn't thought of. I'm buying a house next door to him. :D

Mindtrip said...

To confirm this, I looked up the previous manual for a 2005 FJR1300, and that part # is LIT-11616-FJ-02. Thus, this verifies Dallara's statements, AND verifies the authenticity of his stator thread, AND verifies that indeed if you order the manual through the link at the top of this page, you should be getting the correct one.
I love it when reality comes together. Doesn't happen often for me! If you've ordered a manual from your dealership, call them and verify the part number before opening....

Thanks, Mindtrip.

I really appreciate you taking the time to write that. Fairly obvious no one else was going to acknowledge it.

Then Kaitsdad said...

The 06 manuals have started to ship - I received mine today. And it is not a suppliment - it's a complete manual.

Gee... I wonder where we heard that first?

Kaitsdad, did ya' happen to notice where the new 2006 Service Manual says the alternator pumps out 590 watts???

Dallara

Don't bother ordering a manual, just wait two weeks, and Fred will have created DVD's of every possible service or repair you can think of, plus five hundred farkle ideas you hadn't thought of. I'm buying a house next door to him. :D

+1 :yahoo:

I orderd my 06 manuel through my dealer,( why I don't know.) He called it in while I was there, they told him they were sold out but would have more in within a week?. bete..

Latest posts