Barbarian Jumper Mod '03-'05

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TahoeBound

Reaction score
After reading the previous post I'm wondering if the Barbarian Jumper Mod is as good or equally as good as using the PCIII with the "smooth" map. Does anyone have experience with this?

I do... I did the B-mod and it helped... I subsequently got a PCIII and it's much better.

I did the mod and bumped my CO setting up 5 all around. I think the bike runs smooth as silk. Throttle response is awsome all around. I went up to 7 points, felt a slight loss in throttle response down in the lower RPM ranges, but a huge gain in throttle response at 80MPH. I went back down to a 5 increase all around and couldn't be happier with the way the bike runs once again.

Last edited by a moderator:
I did the mod and bumped my CO setting up 5 all around. I think the bike runs smooth as silk. Throttle response is awsome all around. I went up to 7 points, felt a slight loss in throttle response down in the lower RPM ranges, but a huge gain in throttle response at 80MPH. I went back down to a 5 increase all around and couldn't be happier with the way the bike runs once again.
What about mileage? Any noticable difference?

Folks, the Barbarian Jumper Mod is NOT the end-all answer to all your problems. I don't care what anybody's butt dyno says. This mod primarily only really affects things at idle and low throttle/RPM. See the following thread and look for Torch's posts to get some highly-detailed info about this mod.

Clicky Here

Personally, I would never do the mod unless I was doing it properly and through testing, figuring out exactly what changes should be made, and not just arbitrarily adding "7" to the stock parameters.

Get the PCIII. It's a total solution. Not just a half-assed guess.

No appreciable change in MPG (in fact, the first long trip I took was actually slightly higher MPG..., but could have been in the noise level).

Don't have to undo the B-mod, the PCIII does all the work anyway.