Warchild's R1

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ignacio

Intramural Culture Warrior
Staff member
Reaction score
I've seen your new R1 parked at work, but haven't noticed any farkles yet. I guess they could have missed my eye, but what's on the gadgetry agenda for that SEXY beast?

Oh, and have you named her yet? I'm guessing it's a her, but didn't look all the way underneath.

I've seen your new R1 parked at work, but haven't noticed any farkles yet.  I guess they could have missed my eye, but what's on the gadgetry agenda for that SEXY beast?
Yeah, I got a couple goodies for it, and some more are coming. I'll snap off a few photos of 'em tomorrow. None are really performance-oriented (save for a PC-IIIusb); most are appearance mods.... some, a little on the bling side. :D

Oh, and have you named her yet?  I'm guessing it's a her, but didn't look all the way underneath.
Nah, no names for this machine.... and definitely no gender assignment! :lol:

Somehow he manages to squeeze in 9 hours+ of day job in amongst his other responsibilities. I don't know how he juggles family, this forum, other sites, IBA, etc. and still manages to log 1,000 miles last weekend. I talk with him for 10 minutes and am ready for a nap :dribble:

WC, maybe I'll snap a couple grainy photos and post the out here as spy shots. I'm sure enquiring minds will want to see the bling and mods!

I assume I'm not the first one to read this and say to themselves...
"Huh??, Warchild's got a real job?!?!" ;) ;) :haha:
This, coming from a 4 blue-square Squadron Leader, even though our join dates are approx the same.... :lol:

I assume I'm not the first one to read this and say to themselves...
"Huh??, Warchild's got a real job?!?!"  ;)   ;)   :haha:
This, coming from a 4 blue-square Squadron Leader, even though our join dates are approx the same.... :lol:
:clap: :clap: :clap:

You know, along with the colon-clap-colon emoticon, I was looking for the :syphilus: one as well.

Warchild,

Buddy I ride with put the Akrapovic carbon fiber exhaust kit on his. It is sweeeet! Not really loud but you can easily tell the difference. Bit pricey but sure makes for a different look and sound.

Steve

Warchild, Don't you just love the way that red looks in the bright sunlight? I've had mine since 2/04 and I still just like to look at it! Only thing I like more though is riding it! Need to put it on a track where you can really push it a little and really find out what it can do! :D

Buddy I ride with put the Akrapovic carbon fiber exhaust kit on his. It is sweeeet!
I would frickin' KILL for a set of Akrapovic Ti or CF slip-ons, without a doubt!

bikephoto2_hi-res.jpg

Warchild, Don't you just love the way that red looks in the bright sunlight?
The paint is pretty gorgeous, I'll agree. There is a ton of metalflake in this paint that isn't obvious until you see it in direct sunlight. I just about get a woody every time I see it....

One other thing, you need to get rid of those Dunlops (if you haven't already) and put on some Michelin Powers! I used to run just Mich. Pilot RACE M2's, but find the Powers are just as good on the street and not too far off of the M2's on the track with better milage to boot. They turn in real nice also! Alot better than the Dunlops IMO!

One other thing, you need to get rid of those Dunlops (if you haven't already)
Yeah, I am not overly impressed with the D218's.... I thought they would be more confidence-inspiring in the twisties. I've had the rear 218 slip on more than one occasion.

Have heard nothing but good things about the Pilot Powers; I loved the earlier-generation Pilot Sports I had on my 929, so I expect good things from the Pilot Powers as well.

Got home today and Mr. FedEx had left a present! Shane from TOBEFAST.com was on here the other night (R1 forum) talking about the cool new flasher they had. So I ordered one. It's Plug&Play and really a neat piece. I had done the turn signals in the headlight/running lights and was never really happy with it because they weren't bright enough and flashed too fast with the CustomLed tail light. Now they work great! Oh btw, you can program different blinking programs thru your handlebar button! Pretty cool! Might want to check it out!

Last edited by a moderator:
I've seen your new R1 parked at work, but haven't noticed any farkles yet.  I guess they could have missed my eye, but what's on the gadgetry agenda
Okay, back to the original subject....

I already posted pics of the exhaust cover farkle. Otherwise, I've only really scored cosmetic goodies, starting with the dark smoke Double-Bubble windscreen, and the carbon fiber tank protector, both of which were installed before even leaving Sunnyside the day I assembled this Beastly Thing.

Two more goodies have come in since then... both functional, yet cosmetic at the same time. :D

The original rear passenger seat cowl (like I'm ever going to carry anyone back there!):

OEM_seat_cowl1.jpg

Now check out the factory Yamaha solo seat cowl!

seat_cowl2.jpg

Look how smoothly the solo cowl bodywork integrates with the rest of the tail section.... scha-weeeeet!

seat_cowl1.jpg

Everyone is familiar with these dinky little OEM bar end weights... these are the identical ones used on our FJRs:

oem_end_weight.jpg

Since they are indeed the same as the FJR, that means that the new, 2nd-generation Top Gun Bar Ends Weights from FJRGoodies.com will also fit!

These 2nd-generation Top Gun weights have a double-line embossment on them, they look trick as hell:

TG_end_weight1.jpg

Still to come:

• Heli-Bars (what can I say.... it is a racebike, after all! )
  • Power Commander IIIusb
  • 16T front sprocket to replace 17T factory sprocket (16T was OEM from the '98-'03 R-1's )
  • More blingy carbon fiber bits....
  • Spiegler SS lines, front and rear
  • Most likey will go after the ABM rotors, at least for the front.... :D

Oooh baby! The Speedo looks even more svlete!

You're going to get a speeding ticket parked a stoplight. :blink:

WC, I like that red in the sunlight...shhweeet! Saw a guy with a black ‘05 R1 with some cool aftermarket cans at a local bike night last night . He had 4 pipes coming out of the under-tail. Looked like the Sprint ST rearview but with 4 pipes out the back instead of 3. VERY HOT!

Latest posts