• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to FJRForum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Passenger Backrest Bracket & Pad

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi gang, I can make up a passenger backrest powdercoated satin black as shown below, for $145 plus S&H. Add $15 to color match your Gen I bike. The bracket assy can be removed easily by removing the single SST center screw and sliding it off. No modifications are needed to the stock rack and it comes with neoprene strips to protect the top rack rail. It is made from aluminum and is powdercoated satin black for durability. Send me a PM if interested.

Thanks!

P9051359b.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Just got mine in the mail... painted blue (fastest color). It is one helluva piece of craftsmanship and a great bargain.

Much lighter than I expected, too. I will post a pic next time I have my digicam out.

Thanks garauld!

Hey Keno, before you decide anything, look at Garaulds thread in vendors, I believe.

He makes a really cool rack that incorporates a backrest. I bought one. It's SO much better than a topcase. He made the rest removable, so if I ride solo, I can take it off and still have a rack. With the rest on, my wife or son has a nice backrest to lean on. There is so much different luggage out there that can be strapped on, I didn't want to limit myself to what I could carry in a topcase and side bags. And the rack gives you a larger platform than the stock rack. I'm still trying to make your ride next week. You can look at mine, or look at all the pics on the thread, and have him fill your specific needs. I found things from three different racks that I liked, and he was able to incorporate all of them into mine. The paint is a great match, and if you have a specific back rest in mind, he can work that out also.

And Gary, if you are reading this, I'm sorry I haven't posted pics yet. I don't even have a good excuse. I hope this rave makes up for it a little.

Ride safe.

Bob

I have the back rest and ditto to Islandcommuter comments --- "It is one helluva piece of craftsmanship and a great bargain. Much lighter than I expected, too."

Good job Garauld and thanks for making it for me.

Garauld, the luggage rack looks different for 06, my wife is hoping you will design a similiar backrest for it. Any interest in that? My $ is your $!!

my wife is hoping you will design a similiar backrest for it. Any interest in that?
Well, at this time, I think that I would make a few rider's wifes or husbands unhappy if I didn't try to make up a backrest for the '06 model. I can't do anything until I get one here to measure and drool over... :)

Just received my Garauld backrest about a week ago and it's everything I expected! Darn nice craftmanship, perfectly matched blue paint, etc. Installation was a breeze, and the best part is that my SO gives it two thumbs up! I'm not posting a pic cuz I got the exact same one that's shown above.

Thanks, Gary! Nice work.

my wife is hoping you will design a similiar backrest for it. Any interest in that?
Well, at this time, I think that I would make a few rider's wifes or husbands unhappy if I didn't try to make up a backrest for the '06 model. I can't do anything until I get one here to measure and drool over... :)
I'm picking mine up in Scranton in "April". Perhaps I'll ride up so you can take measurements...

Some pictures in appreciation of excellent craftmanship. A great option for those who prefer a functional rack with backrest instead of the bulk of a case or the $$$ of the seat/backrest combination. My wife is still happy after a ride so.... I still have a chance. :yahoo:

Thank you.

bike3.jpg

bike2.jpg

bike1.jpg

Hi gang, I have an extra passenger backrest unit available, as shown below, delivered to your mailbox for $160. The bracket assy can be removed easily by removing the single SST center screw and sliding it off. No modifications are needed to the stock rack and it comes with neoprene strips to protect the top rack rail. It is made from aluminum and is powdercoated satin black for durability. Send me a PM if interested.Thanks!

P9051359b.jpg
I've still got my 05 luggage rack I bought from you. I love it - could carry tents,etc with ease. I will go up for sale soon as I now have an 06.

Do you have anything yet for an 06 luggage rack and backrest combo.

Doug Hines

I've still got my 05 luggage rack I bought from you. I love it - could carry tents,etc with ease. I will go up for sale soon as I now have an 06.
Do you have anything yet for an 06 luggage rack and backrest combo.

Doug Hines

Doug,

Gary made me a rack for my 06 - here's the post.

Wonky's Luggage Rack

And I too, am waiting for a passenger backrest. So I hope Gary makes at least two of them. :D

I would love for you to make me a rack for a blue 05 fjr with a Corbin passenger backrest adaptor. I think it is a 5/8 inch hole. email me with instructions as to how to proceed.

Cort