Thanks Stef...

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

orestes

Reaction score
for a great week in the Pyrenees. The weather could have been better but the excellent roads and company made up for the occasional heavy shower.

Should the trip be repeated next year here are a couple of short videos to get you in the mood

Pyrenees Part 1

and

Pyrenees Part 2

Looks like some awesome riding...great video. :clapping:

Looks like you were in the #3 position...how many were in your FJR train?

Is stef in #1 position?

Looks like some awesome riding...great video. :clapping:
Looks like you were in the #3 position...how many were in your FJR train?

Is stef in #1 position?
5 FJRs in total along with 2 BMWs

In the first video

Bob Flanders

Beemerdons

Caba

MEK followed by Stef

Second Video

Stef followed by Lucciano

Last edited by a moderator:
You're most welcome, Dave :) Thank you and all the group for basically being the great people you are...

We sure had a fun week, if a little on the wet side.

Pamplona recorded the wettest month of May since 1941 :huh: but we pressed on undeterred, did we not?

It just took some extra beers to revive us when we reached our accommodation for the night.

Glad to hear you're safely back in Kent. The Italian contingent has made it home safe, too.

Caba is on his way to Slovakia as we speak. It was raining as he left Milan this morning and I fear he'll need to wear his raingear

all the way to Eastern Europe. Wx report shows a huge raincloud all the way to Bumfuczkysk, Poland.

I'm anxious to hear from the Arizonans, Don and Bob. Last I saw them they were heading to the bike rental place to return their BMWs.

I'm sure they made their flight home the next day and are currently drying out their gear in the AZ sun.

I'll need some time to put a video together, but Dave's footage shows the highlights of our trip. We were blessed with one full day of sunny weather

and it happened on N-260 as we were heading for Andorra. Awesome road. If I'd had to pick a day for dry roads and blue skies, I'd have chosen that very one. B)

Stef

My Brother Stef,

Thanks again to you for a week of fantastic riding, great camaradrie and a full lifetime of outstanding motorcycle memories!

Bob and I touched down in Phoenix at 2100 hours last night, with luggage intact; all my riding gear is going to the cleaners.

With Bob and I both having spent six years in the Army, and both being sixty, and having worked professionally/socially with a great number of different groups over the years: I have to say I was impressed at what a damn fine team we made!

Sincerely, Don

Well, I'm reporting in as the last member of the group to make it home.

All in all it was just under 4000 miles for me on this trip (6174 km). It did rain off and on for the first three hours from Milan, but the next 5 hours were a constant downpour until I was a couple hours into Austria.

Spent the night at a little penzion that I found and finished the drive across Slovakia in beautiful 85 degree sunshine. A perfect end to a great Trip!

My thanks to Stef as well for putting this together. It'll be a little bit, but I'll piece together the full ride report with pics, video, and routes. I'll put together a report on the Avon Storms as well (separate thread) as this was my first experience with them.

Dave, Don, Bob, Stef, Luciano, and Bepe - Thanks for the good times and company! Glad you all made it back safe!!

Later all,

Caba

Ok first video done and uploaded.

More to come as time allows.

I should note that this video was intended for the Italian Forum so only shows pics of the italians.

Stef also said that he didn't have any videos of himself riding.

Next set will include all that were there (don't want to have anyone left out).

Mi Hombre Caba Eric: It was fantastic riding will all you guys-you're the best! Can't wait to hit the road again with this crew!

Great stuff Caba, thanks. I finally get to see me in action... :rolleyes:

OK, plans for the next Pyrenees tour are being drafted as we speak..... :drinks:

Stef

Ok, now for some pictures:

After huge rains to get to Brno and two days of work meetings, I finally left for Italy.

On the way to Milan, I stopped at Brenner pass. If your interested, there's some fun short term diversions which can make the FJR seem pretty tame:

IMG_0031.jpg

A day of sightseeing in Milan on the main square:

IMG_0046-1.jpg

On Saturday, Stef and I joined up with two other italians: Hook (Luciano) and Mek (Beppe). Here we are waiting for the Ferry to load up in Genoa:

IMG_0065.jpg

Then two days of sightseeing around Barcelona. Stef's and Mek's wives flew over and joind us.

One of the squares in Barcelona:

IMG_0093.jpg

And then we looked at one of the towns to the south. Sitges:

IMG_0115.jpg

At $1000 fines for stepping on the grass, be careful here. But not because of the fines. It became clear within a few minutes, that Sitges was the Spanish capital city of "Alternative Lifestyles". So we put our backs to the wall and shuffled back to the train.

The weather was threatening on and off rain.

IMG_0098.jpg

But there was always hope!!

IMG_0103.jpg

Finally we were joined by Beemerdons, Orestes, and Dr. Bob Flanders and off we went. The next pics will just speak for themselves:

IMG_0164.jpg

IMG_0168.jpg

IMG_0198.jpg

IMG_0206.jpg

IMG_0211.jpg

IMG_0209.jpg

IMG_0231.jpg

IMG_0258.jpg

IMG_0230.jpg

IMG_0325.jpg

Dr. Bob and the crew in front of a water fall.

IMG_0222.jpg

Stopped at the top of one of the passes

IMG_0237.jpg

Beemerdons and Orestes dipping their toes in the Atlantic:

IMG_0346.jpg

Taking over a little coffee shop on the last day after Dave (Orestes) had left to drive back north

IMG_0366.jpg

All in all, the ride, the roads and the company were amazing. I would call this one to definately remember.

sweet! looks like a great time! man, i miss those european roads! (sometimes). :p

thx for posting....

INCREDIBLE Video, Stef! You should win an Academy Award for Best Director, and rest of we Magnificent Seven should get Best Supporting Actor Statues. The pictures just reinforce what a great ride it was, with an outstanding group of friends!!