SPOT to SPOT Intercept Attempt

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ignacio

Intramural Culture Warrior
Staff member
Reaction score
Hey, let's have a little fun!

I see that as I type this Paul is headed east on I-84 for a rally and will be only about 44 miles from where I live at around 2:45 to 3:00 p.m. PDT or so.

Perfect excuse for a little Sunday ride. And IIRC there's a rest area pretty close to where I-82 and I-84 meet....so I think I'll have to try and do an intercept beerme/NHP style with a little "Go Paul! Say Hi to Chalmers For Me" sign.

Hopefully, I'll freak Paul's cookies! :blink:

For those that want to play along at home....watch my SPOT and Paul's SPOT intercept about here around 2:45 to 3:00 p.m. PDT. There's a nice, long onramp from I-82 to I-84 that I can wait for him to pass me...hopefully unseen...and then I'll come up along side....like a stealthy cop. ;)

Ig

Last edited by a moderator:
Sounds like a fun game, I'm still thinking of getting a spot...

One of your links is broken, I think you meant to link here

am i reading this right? Iggy arrived at Bucks Corner at 6:24 but Paul had already passed that point several minutes earlier at 5:58...

opps he really got at the ramp at 5:24 so should have intercepted and I see he's coming back...

neat technology

am i reading this right? Iggy arrived at Bucks Corner at 6:24 but Paul had already passed that point several minutes earlier at 5:58...
I think Iggy was at the intersection of 82 & 84 about 4 minutes before Paul went by (2:44pm local time)

After that, I think he went to a truck stop to gas up or get a bite to eat (~30 minute stop)

Now it looks like he is on the side of the road with nothing around for miles...

He probably has a blackberry or iphone out laughing at us :)

Well, that worked exceedingly well. I had estimated Paul would be by the point at 2:47 before I left home and I got to a great vantage point at 2:35....about 12 minutes before he was scheduled to go by.

My estimate wasn't far off at all as he rolled by at 2:49 and I shot this video as I intercepted.

We stopped at a gas station a few miles down the road and said he didn't see me in the rearview and only when he looked to his left and saw an FJR. A couple seconds later when I flipped up my visor he figured out is was me.

That was FUN!

He ended up doing an audio blog entry here.

This was great fun! I knew it was Matt and figured he was on his way to SLC to ride the rally as well. I was a bit surprized to learn he was intercepting me just to say hello. Good to see you Iggy! Thanks for stopping by :rolleyes:

Paul Peloquin

Monmouth OR

Interesting how at the end of Iggy's Youtube clip, one of the "related" clips that shows up on the screen is entitled "G-SPOT" and is an educational "operational manual" so to speak. Nice work, Iggy!!! :D

Interesting how at the end of Iggy's Youtube clip, one of the "related" clips that shows up on the screen is entitled "G-SPOT" and is an educational "operational manual" so to speak. Nice work, Iggy!!! :D
Besides being an administrative idealist.....I feel I'm also an educator. ;)

Pretty cool. I think you've invented a new game! Now we need a thread where people who are on the road can post their SPOT links and challenge riders to intercept them.

Latest posts