What's in the toolkit?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rolavine

Reaction score
Sorry if this has been covered before, but the search returns too much, wow a lot of posts on this sucker!

I want to make up my own toolkit because my used bike came without one.

Any one know where there is a list of the contents?

Thanks in advance!

Don't think my 03 came with toolkit but here is what I carry (just looked): after 75000km I used * on road so far

minicompressor w patch kit (plugs into my electric vest outlet) ***

tire guage ***

allen key set ***

front axle tool *

wilbers adjust wrench

steering head wrench

screwdriver with various bits***

spare light bulb front & back**

spare fuses*

socket set/rachet*

spare plastic connectors (the pop in ones and 1/4 turn ones)**

various length tie wraps***

duct tape**

"Nuages" eh? I called mine Pegasus until one day she said to knock it off... :glare:

Last edited by a moderator:
They did come with a tool kit....FjrPierre covered what came in the kit and then some.

If you need some more details, let me know.

QUOTE (Rolavine @ Sep 2 2008, 08:11 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Sorry if this has been covered before, but the search returns too much, wow a lot of posts on this sucker!

I want to make up my own toolkit because my used bike came without one.

Any one know where there is a list of the contents?

Thanks in advance!

Picture:

1_DSCF5267.JPG

Covered here.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thank You Mcatrophy, that is exactly what I needed.

I made up a better kit out of spare junk lying in the disorganized bins in my garage in about 15 minutes.

While searching I also found an old white crew sock that must have escaped from the laundry, so I did the obvious, tying off the top after insertion of the tools.

I would have put in a lot of extra wrench sizes without the Pic and I wanted to keep it light in order to have room for extra 'victory' beers after the ride.

I added some 3/8" metric sockets (one for the sparkies), some wire, tie wraps, a cheap multimeter, a 19mm hex socket for the axles, needle nose, wire cutter, electrical tape, a crescent wrench, a good pair of pliers, and some condoms just in case some beautiful young girls want to have sex with an old fat guy cool enough to ride an FJR. Hey, it could happen!