garauld rack install! WooHOO!

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mike P

Reaction score
Mine came in Friday but I didn't have all weekend to install it until just a few minutes ago. Wow, another satisfied customer with the great quality work.

I changed my mind a few times between the mini and the large but finally went with the large, Thanks Gary for being patient with that.

Kudos to Gary, he sounds like a busy man but once he had time to get to mine he contacted me like he said he would to verify the build sheet, paypal was sent minutes later, by the end of the week it was here.

Thanks so much Gary for the custom service you provide here, nothing but praise to you my friend!

S6301761.jpg

S6301762.jpg

S6301763.jpg

S6301764.jpg

Only question I have for those who have the back rest, while the quality looks awesome, how well does it hold up to the elements or should I only install it if I know I'm going 2 up?

Last edited by a moderator:
Have had mine on since day one (May 22'nd 08) Been through several hrs. of riding in light rain and extreme downpoors. Still looks great. I now have 7,500 miles on the MC. I would just leave it on all the time. (JMO)

Yup, fine, fine quality work. Just got mine a month or two ago and it looks great. I got the backrest as well, but discovered that it wouldn't work with the Shad top box--when you open the box, it hits the backrest. So I just installed the backrest that I had with the Shad.

I wonder if a hinge on the Garauld backrest that would allow it to flop forward would solve that issue. Not a bad idea and give my druthers, I'd rather she leaned against something bolted to the bike than the top box which is not as definitively secure.

But damn Garauld does great work. :clapping:

Rancho

Very nice!

I am somewhere in the list of "upcoming" racks, and am looking forward to joining the ranks of satisfied customers.

I also ordered the backrest so she who must be obeyed will be a bit more comfortable.

Enjoy!

:clapping:

My rack/ backrest has been on for about a year. It still looks brand new versus the original seat which is starting to look weathered. Yea, once you put it on there's not much reason to take it off.

My wife was very intimidated by the new FJR, swore up and down she was going to fall off without a backrest (the fact that I accidently popped a small wheelie the first time I had her on didn't help out!) Put Garauld's backrest/rack on last week and she's looking forward to out trip to Helen this weekend.

Just had my FJR at the dealer yesterday and they loved my rack and backrest.

Really thought the quality was excellent and that it looked really great on the bike.

I constantly get comments on it, and I taught with another instructor this past weekend that also has an FJR and he is now looking to get a rack too.

Great product, great quality, great pricing.

My wife was very intimidated by the new FJR, swore up and down she was going to fall off without a backrest (the fact that I accidently popped a small wheelie the first time I had her on didn't help out!) Put Garauld's backrest/rack on last week and she's looking forward to out trip to Helen this weekend.
Holy shit Hutchuf, is that the wife in your Avatar? I don't think I would be going to mountains without her. :rolleyes:

Ed

Holy shit Hutchuf, is that the wife in your Avatar? I don't think I would be going to mountains without her. :rolleyes:

Ed
I wish that was my wife, then I wouldn't need a girlfriend!!! I guess a man can only dream though.