HID Continuous Run Time

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dcarver

Reaction score
Ran some lonely back roads tonight, the Solteks were on continuously for over 75 minutes before I had to kill them due to oncoming traffic. This got me to wondering - am I the record holder?

How long have you run your HID's continuously?

Many, many times I've run HID low beams for a full fuel load....meaning 400+ miles. High beams externals probably were Nevada one night on a 200 mile stretch without dipping them. ;)

Many, many times I've run HID low beams for a full fuel load....meaning 400+ miles. High beams externals probably were Nevada one night on a 200 mile stretch without dipping them. ;)
Dang. There goes my record.. :unsure:

I guess I should be more specific and ask the question for external HID's, e.g. the real flame throwers.

Dang, 200 miles = at least 2 hours ( :rolleyes: ). Guess I'll have to find more remote areas and try again..!

My Hella Micro-DE Xenons are aimed fairly low and are on virtually ALL of the time - I've run a number of days longer than seven hundred miles this summer.

I ran the only known pair of 50-Watt PHIDs in the country on my Blackbird.

I was carrying a bit of extra fuel on the bike at the time, and ran them for 530 miles continuously at night between fill-ups. This went on for about a week.
whistling.gif

I ran the only known pair of 50-Watt PHIDs in the country on my Blackbird.
I was carrying a bit of extra fuel on the bike at the time, and ran them for 530 miles continuously at night between fill-ups. This went on for about a week.
whistling.gif

You just keep living the dream, for the rest of us!

I ran my Soltek's for about a 2-hour stretch the day after I installed them last year. Nice lonely road somewhere in Colorado in the middle of the night. Was sure glad I had them.

Ran some lonely back roads tonight, the Solteks were on continuously for over 75 minutes before I had to kill them due to oncoming traffic. This got me to wondering - am I the record holder?
How long have you run your HID's continuously?
DC,

Last May I left Wilson, OK. on hwy 70 bound for Grants, NM. at 3:00am. Ran the Solteks for 2+ hrs before reaching Davidson, OK. on this lonely stretch on hwy. and don't remember meeting one car. :dribble: I installed these units primarily for my trip out to MS. and back last spring. Man... I love my Solteks! :yahoo:

Rob