Audiovox CC...Thank You...Thank You

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hamie

Reaction score
I want to thank all of you for posting to this forum allowing us to take advantage of your skills and experiences…I have shamelessly used your posts and pictures….after hours….days….weeks of researching the forum I have installed the Audiovox cruise control…

Fairlaner..thanks for taking the time to get some of the Audiovox CC’s and selling them to members…

FJR1300info how-to post..Clicky

FJRCarShopGuy’s post for an excellent how-to install..Clicky

Kaitsdad’s photo for my servo location..

145124300_x7vxX-L.jpg

BrunDog’s install post.. used 1/8” drill bit for the tang without removing the fuel rail. Used #4 Button Head Socket Cap screw and 2 nylon insert lock nuts.

Clicky

FJRCarShopGuy’s photo for hooking up the servo cable..

IMG_9716.jpg

Kaitsdad’s vacuum how-to photo..

301798561_MgVRx-L.jpg

FJRocket’s photo on canister location only I used a fuel filter instead..

FJRAuxCanUnderTBar.JPG

ARFJR’s photo of fuel filter for vacuum canister..

Vacumecanisterpackage.jpg

ARFJR’s post for the wiring at the ECM for my AE..Clicky

rfulcher’s post fixing the ’06-07 problem..Clicky

BrunDog’s photos for the switches..

P7031429.jpg

P8071626.jpg

The bad thing is I am recovering from surgery and will not be able to checkout anything for a few more weeks....Also installed PCIII, BlueSea fuse block, Brodie's ignition relay fix and had Spencer modify my stock driver seat..can hardly wait to check everything out......

Thanks everyone......Hamie

Thanks for posting this. I am getting ready to do the work myself. This is going to help tremendously.

I too just finished the Audiovox install. It took me a year to get around to it but man is it worth it. I researched this forum over and over again, printed web pages and pictures and i still got the check valves inserted wrong (dumb ass). Anyway, i'm happy to report it's been fixed and works great. Thanks all.

with the help in this thread and others, just ordered my cruise, fuel filter canister, switches, wire loom, hardware, etc.

Thanx again,

let's ride safe and be careful out there,

Mike in Nawlins'

Finally got through my after surgery restrictons... took a little ride today..about 50 miles.. the cruise worked like a champ...awesome... :yahoo: I had put on some Salamander Bar End weights and found out that I could just hold on to them and keep my hand off the throttle...

Hamie

Finally got through my after surgery restrictons... took a little ride today..about 50 miles.. the cruise worked like a champ...awesome... :yahoo: I had put on some Salamander Bar End weights and found out that I could just hold on to them and keep my hand off the throttle...
Hamie
good to hear that your work was effective on the cc.

How did the seat feel?

I got my seat back from Spencer and it hasn't been warm or dry enough here on the streets around KC to give it a true test.

Lee

good to hear that your work was effective on the cc.How did the seat feel?

I got my seat back from Spencer and it hasn't been warm or dry enough here on the streets around KC to give it a true test.

Lee
The seat felt good for what little I have been on it....he said that it would take about 200 miles to break it in... have to build my strength up for some longer rides...

Hamie

good to hear that your work was effective on the cc.How did the seat feel?

Lee
The seat felt good for what little I have been on it....he said that it would take about 200 miles to break it in... have to build my strength up for some longer rides...

Hamie
Hey guys, I just got a chance to try out my Spencer mod Tuesday (40 degrees). I put on 135 miles without stopping and I can tell you it works great! My ass didn't get sore at all. Money well spent and Spencer's a great guy to deal with and the seat looks totally stock ( great workmanship!) By the way; how much do you guys have into those Audiovox C/C ? I put a M/C Cruise on a year ago for about $800. It works flawlessly but still $800? Read;" buyer's remorse". At that time, there were some issues with some of the Audiovox units not working on 100% of the '06 FJRs. I didn't want to be one of the 40% or so of the owners with a defective cruise. Sounds like it's fixed now? jevers

Hey guys, I just got a chance to try out my Spencer mod Tuesday (40 degrees). I put on 135 miles without stopping and I can tell you it works great! My ass didn't get sore at all. Money well spent and Spencer's a great guy to deal with and the seat looks totally stock ( great workmanship!) By the way; how much do you guys have into those Audiovox C/C ? I put a M/C Cruise on a year ago for about $800. It works flawlessly but still $800? Read;" buyer's remorse". At that time, there were some issues with some of the Audiovox units not working on 100% of the '06 FJRs. I didn't want to be one of the 40% or so of the owners with a defective cruise. Sounds like it's fixed now? jevers
Mine works well, but I'm a Gen I which doesn't seem to have had any issues with the AVCC

$90 unit from JC Whitney

$15 fuel filter for cannister

$10 check valve(s)

$15 misc hardware and RTV

------

$130 I'm guessing

I had a switch bracket laying around and used it for the control pad bracket

Followed the forums for my Audiovox CC install and it is working great, guess I got about $100 in the cruise... the Spencer mod is well worth the $75 +shipping.. Ready for SFO..

Last edited by a moderator:
Reviving this thread to also say thank you. This thread was a great "consolidation" post referencing all the other great threads. Together, I finally got mine installed and based on a brief test ride in the rain, also working. Of course, I need to do some further testing to make sure it works across all my expected speeds, etc. But Thanks! :clapping:

I hate all of you mechanical people. I rode to have katisdad do my install coz...well...I would f*** it up lol. Trip was worth it though hehe (in the ride reports).

(oh, I dont really hate you. Just jealous ;) )