CFO Rally Rally

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rickcorwn

Reaction score
I’d like to test the waters on an idea for the 2009 CFO. I’d like to put together a bonus rally to be run on Friday or Saturday. It would be about 8 hours long about as long as a nice days ride, most bonuses will be within 100 miles. No need for a fuel cell, no night riding, and perfect if your looking to test the rally waters in a less competitive and friendly environment. Rally veterans need not worry there’ll be enough challenging bonuses for you to stretch your legs.

I’d like to make this an alternative to the routes that we usually get at these events. Giving the entrants a list of fun and interesting places to go without telling them which ones to go to or how to get there. La Crosse is pretty much ground zero for a ton of great bonuses in Wisconsin, Minnesota, Iowa and maybe a bit of Illinois just for fun. There will be the Forevertron, ferry crossings, cheese and I know a guy who knows a lot about pie in Wisconsin.

Contrary to popular belief rallies don’t have to be highly competitive. They are what you make it. If you want to be the top dawg, go for it. If you want to have a slow paced enjoyable ride, knock yourself out. Want to get your rally pack and go back to bed, that’s OK too.

There will likely need to be a nominal additional fee.

Before I go forward with this I need to gauge interest. This will be a bunch of work, fun work but a lot of work nonetheless.

Last edited by a moderator:
Great idea Rick. I had been thinking of coming up mid week and doing an instate SS1000, could do this instead, or both.

It would be good if those of you that don't want to try out the rally could explain why. Is it cost, timing or just "I'm on vacation and don't want to think that hard". Just so I could attempt to make it more appealing for more folks.

Last edited by a moderator:
Great idea Rick. I had been thinking of coming up mid week and doing an instate SS1000, could do this instead, or both.
If your looking for a big mile day this rally won't really do it. At 8 hours long you'll be lucky to make 400 miles. Looks like it will take more of the "Hoover" style of bonus hunting than the Iron Butt style.

...or maybe not :rolleyes:

It would be good if those of you that don't want to try out the rally could explain why. Is it cost, timing or just "I'm on vacation and don't want to think that hard". Just so I could attempt to make it more appealing for more folks.
OK-- for me....nothing wrong with the rally idea; but as the box I checked said: "I would rather just ride around."

B)

I would prefer to ride following someone on this excursion. I'm interested, but I have zero experience with a ride such as this. I'm guessing that it's not difficult, but I hate route planning :)

Pencil me in for interested, but I don't want to commit to this just yet

I'll tell you why I AM interested in rallies. I like seeing things in different states. Points of interest. As long as its on Friday, I will take part. Saturday I will be getting things ready a little earlier for the banquet. I don't want to cut the timing to close.

Mike

I’d like to test the waters on an idea for the 2009 CFO. I’d like to put together a bonus rally to be run on Friday or Saturday. It would be about 8 hours long about as long as a nice days ride, most bonuses will be within 100 miles. No need for a fuel cell, no night riding, and perfect if your looking to test the rally waters in a less competitive and friendly environment. Rally veterans need not worry there’ll be enough challenging bonuses for you to stretch your legs.
I’d like to make this an alternative to the routes that we usually get at these events. Giving the entrants a list of fun and interesting places to go without telling them which ones to go to or how to get there. La Crosse is pretty much ground zero for a ton of great bonuses in Wisconsin, Minnesota, Iowa and maybe a bit of Illinois just for fun. There will be the Forevertron, ferry crossings, cheese and I know a guy who knows a lot about pie in Wisconsin.

Contrary to popular belief rallies don’t have to be highly competitive. They are what you make it. If you want to be the top dawg, go for it. If you want to have a slow paced enjoyable ride, knock yourself out. Want to get your rally pack and go back to bed, that’s OK too.

There will likely need to be a nominal additional fee.

Before I go forward with this I need to gauge interest. This will be a bunch of work, fun work but a lot of work nonetheless.

Sounds like fun a MINI Bonzai :yahoo:

It's also pretty hard to find a road that is not fun to ride out of that area!! Don't forget about the space ship house just east of town :clapping:

I got a special bonus for those of you willing to rub me!

Yeah, with it being so close it is going to be very hard for me to not end up going.

I would prefer to ride following someone on this excursion. I'm interested, but I have zero experience with a ride such as this. I'm guessing that it's not difficult, but I hate route planning :)
Pencil me in for interested, but I don't want to commit to this just yet
You can follow me. You ain't been lost till you been RadLost