Pictures from Pie Fest

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hudson

Reaction score
Enjoy photos and commentary from the Tech Fest at Auburn FJR's. https://henotbusy.com/page3/files/08-march-2009.html

Clicky here

page3_blog_entry0_3.jpg

Really had a great time, nice to see everyone again. Once again, Bryan and Marissa are without peer as to hospitality!

Last edited by a moderator:
Nice job Dave. Pizza and pie were yummy...and no way bikerskier is going to spring for a GEN II. He barely has that '05 broken in.

--G

Old Michael, well my double chin is safe for another month.

Oh, you mean did we do any tech things ... tire changer was smoking, wire, fuse blocks and cables were flying, TPS were hopping and cruse control installs were a stopping.

Good day with good folks and great hosts!

I even snuck out with one of Marissa pies. As my kids would say, "to die for pies."

Thats all from the Pacfic Northsnow. :cold:

Good stuff. And the 2WheelTiger/Pelican/BottleOpener thing! Great!Was anything accomplished? :D
Pelican Brief? Lordy, at least he didn't start the brief vs. boxer debate! :eek:

Seriously, it looks like a great time was had by all, though I think you should "out" the trailer queens! ;)

OK, I'll 'out' myself. Steady rain and wind for 180 miles up I-5 sounded like a cold and wet 3 hours, followed by another 6 hours of being cold and wet in Auburns garage with the door open to the elements, followed by another colder and wetter 3 hour ride back to Portland. No , I don't think I'm that stupid, so I was very happy to trailer my scooter and have Blufjr bring along his tires, and N2sox and his lovely wife Joannie ride with me. We had a fun time and were warm and dry! And the pizza and BLUEBERRY pie were fabulous! Thanks again, Bryan!

Ralph

Last edited by a moderator:
Dave - great pictures and a fun write up. It was a good turn out which really means I only got to know maybe half of everyone there. I need pictures with names.

Bryan and Marissa - thanks for hosting another good turn out. Always a pleasure to see you and the family.

Well, the pillion and I got wet going both ways but we can't rally brag about our intrepidness since it was only a 15 mile run or so each way. However, we:

- Met some excellent folks

- Saw lots of new farkles

- Took the bike apart to get 3 inches of length on a cable. Thx for the hand Carl! I do mean hand since the other had a pizza slice in it.

- Got a new block of wood from Niehart which Colleen waved at the cagers on the way home. Thx Dave, it is now on the FJR tool shelf.

- Made it to the gas station following the tank removal, that was good.

- Woke up to snow again this morning...winter is not going out quietly.

Looking forward to seeing you all next time. Maybe some of the Cali folks and BC folks will be brave enough to hang with the routy PNW crowd next time around.

Nice write up Dave...

Unfortunately, you forgot to mention chains required on the passes necessitating the trailering. Oh well, it is your story and a good one at that.

Marissa mentioned there were more blueberry pies, but she couldn't figure out how they all disappeared so quickly... Niehart???