• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to FJRForum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Givi V46 LED tail & Brake lights

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fred H.

Reaction score
I have designed and fabricated a circuit for installing LED lights in the Givi V46 trunk, and I am considering making some more of them. It took me about 8 hours just to make this one, plus another 20 or more to design it. I had to fabricate my own circuit card, so that added quite a bit of complexity to the task, but in the end, I am happy with the finished product. It uses the brightest LED lights I can find on the market, and is EXTREMLY BRIGHT. I have four LED's in each segment for the brake light, and 1 large one for the tail.

I don't know what I would sell them for, as they are very labor intensive to make, and if I charge for my labor they wouldn't be affordable. I may just make a few for fun and see if it is really feasible/practical to do. I would like to get a feel for how many folks would be insterested. I will have to add up all my materials and tool cost, but I think I would like to try to sell them for about the same price the Givi light kit goes for, which I think is around $80 or so.

Anyway, let me know if you are interested. Here is a photo of the proto-type.

large.jpg

I have designed and fabricated a circuit for installing LED lights in the Givi V46 trunk, and I am considering making some more of them. It took me about 8 hours just to make this one, plus another 20 or more to design it. I had to fabricate my own circuit card, so that added quite a bit of complexity to the task, but in the end, I am happy with the finished product. It uses the brightest LED lights I can find on the market, and is EXTREMLY BRIGHT. I have four LED's in each segment for the brake light, and 1 large one for the tail.
I don't know what I would sell them for, as they are very labor intensive to make, and if I charge for my labor they wouldn't be affordable. I may just make a few for fun and see if it is really feasible/practical to do. I would like to get a feel for how many folks would be insterested. I will have to add up all my materials and tool cost, but I think I would like to try to sell them for about the same price the Givi light kit goes for, which I think is around $80 or so.

Anyway, let me know if you are interested. Here is a photo of the proto-type.

large.jpg
I would be interested.

Ok, tell ya what I will do.

I will order enough supplies to make 5 (five) of these up to see if I can teach this dog to hunt. I will sell these five units at $80 each, not even knowing yet what my costs will be. If I go into full scale production, the final price may change (higher or lower, I don't know).

These first five will be my best effort, but please know that the boards are home made and are not "Proffesional Quality". While I will do my best to make them look good, they will never look like a proffesionally made circuit card.

If you want to be the first on your block to have one, the first five emails I get will go in the que. I will contact you when I have a product ready to ship.

Email me at fredharmon AT netzero.net

Please put "Givi LED" in the subject line.

If after you recieve them, you are not satisified with the product, send them back and I will refund your money, no questions asked.

After this first five are done, I may, or may not, make any more. We'll see how it goes.

Here is a photo of the new light circuit installed with four LED's per element with the brakes on.

large.jpg

Here is a photo with just the tail lights on.

large.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Is that a real license plate? Cool.

I like your garage decor. Looks like mine.

Email is in the mail. Those lights just might save a life sometime. That's worth some money. Thanks!

I will see what I can do.

I got most all of the supplies and have begun the rather tedious task of making the circuit board. It takes a couple hours to make each one. It is rather labor intensive at this point.

Put me on the list for number 7. If you decide not to make more then how about posting the plans and parts list?

I just completed the first circuit board and am waiting on a few final parts to arrive. The next trick will be to see if I can make 4 more perfect circuit boards...

Fred,

If the labor turns out to be too much then how about selling a kit with instructions?

Geezer,

I have thought about it. Well see. I really would rather have fully assembled and tested units with all the hook up wire and connectors and each circuit properly fused.

The first five are assembled and tested, and I am working out the final details on the connectors.

I also am working with a circuit board manufacturer as it takes me way too much time and effort to make these by hand. I may make some more if I can get the boards made for them, but I doubt I am going to be able to sell any more at $80, I found out that it takes way too much time and money to make each one.

I'll let you know when I am set up to sell some more and where I will price them at. It may be a several weeks.

large.jpg