BeemerDonS, El Jefe y Compadres Ride to Real, Mexico

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

beemerdons

Certifiable Old Fart
Reaction score
Many thanks to my young friend SkooterG-Greg Marbach for getting these photoraphs posted. By the way, Cubbies lost 10-0!

Well, here's all the photos, write-up to follow.......

.......after the Cubs spank the Diamondbacks........

Brian " El Jefe" Boles y Chuy Medina "El Burrito Ballerina" riding the dunes of South Padre Island, Texas; until we got stuck!

IMG_1213.jpg

This is how they get out of the deep sand in the Paris-Dakar Race, just power your moto out of the sand trap!

IMG_1222.jpg

Your FJR Forum Fat Nazi Bastard riding the beach of South Padre Island for ten miles, a really fun experience.

IMG_1214.jpg

BeemerDonS practicing his patented Queen Elizabeth I Royal Parade Wave! Impressive, eh?

IMG_1218.jpg

Believe it or not, for whatever reasons, the pelicans of Brownsville will often dive bomb the motorcyclists crossing this bridge!

IMG_1230.jpg

Overlooking Laguna Sanchez, near Santiago, in Nuevo Leon Estado. A lot of Mexicanos were water skiing and kayaking.

IMG_1238.jpg

Mi muy bonita Salma Hayek, all loaded down for Mexico adventure riding.

IMG_1240.jpg

Mi Salma Hayek watching Montana Ken riding off into the Sierra Madre Occidental of Central Mexico.

IMG_1260.jpg

Chuy Medina "El Burrito Ballerina" taking a break with bonita Salma on one mile of 500 ridden offroad in Central Mexico.

IMG_1268.jpg

30 year old 1989 BMW R100GS, with over 100,000 miles on it, with owner: 54 year old Brian "El Jefe" Boles; amigos for life!

IMG_1265.jpg

Horsetail Falls, east of Santiago, climbing hours of steep mountain switchback to Galeana en San Luis Potosi Estado.

IMG_1243.jpg

Our faithful steeds parked in front of Hotel Magdalena in the mountain village of Galeana.

IMG_1274.jpg

Salto Falls, near Rayones. Central Mexico had experienced heavy rains and the waterfalls and the water crossings were wild.

IMG_1279.jpg

The Village of Guadalupe, halfway up the twisty cobblestone road to Real de Catorce; established in 1585.

IMG_1287.jpg

Distant and remote mission church in the mountains. Very devout Roman Catholic Country. Soccer field for Los Ninos.

IMG_1291.jpg

Mine entrance to Ogarrio Tunnel leading 2 miles underground to Real de Catorce; controlled by drunk Mexicanos. Muy Peligro!

IMG_1292.jpg

What a shame it isn't January of 1915: We could get SkooterG a job for gold with Pancho Villa as a machine gunner or blaster.

IMG_1295.jpg

Magnificent Jesu Cristo Altar of Cathedral Real de Catorce; Huichol Indians come here twice yearly for religious pilgrimages.

IMG_1296.jpg

Catorce Estacion, train station on East-West rail route serving Central Mexico. Hombres offered us a great deal on peyote!!!

IMG_1305.jpg

The GS's at rest in El Jardin of Catorce; every Mexican village has a central garden for its inhabitants to enjoy La Siesta.

IMG_1306.jpg

Refreshing water fountain in El Zocalo of Catorce; there is a bandstand here and on Viernes y Sabado: La Musica, Las Bailes!!

IMG_1307.jpg

A Mighty KTM Adventure. This is one kick ass take no fucking prisoners motocicleta for exploring Mexico and South America!

IMG_1308.jpg

Viewing Matahuela, San Luis Potosi Estado, from the very highest summit above Pueblo Magico - Real de Catorce Aldea.

IMG_1310.jpg

Beautiful and peaceful village of Cienaga del Toro; claim to fame here: Is they raise fighting bulls for all of Mexico's bullrings.

IMG_1312.jpg

Montana Phil and Marine Mike taking a well deserved rest stop.

IMG_1315.jpg

"Mi El Capitan: Let's raid this village, screw all of the women, drink all of the tequila and take all of the swine to dcarver!"

IMG_1316.jpg

Stopped at La Escuela fixing a flat tire. Luckily, only one flat tire was encountered, by Montana Phil on his BMW F650GS.

IMG_1317.jpg

Mas Montanas.

IMG_1321.jpg

Mas Montanas.

IMG_1326.jpg

Mas Montanas.

IMG_1324.jpg

Mexico has vast conifer forests at its higher elevation mountainous locations: Our Montana Boys thought they were in Helena.

IMG_1329.jpg

Mas Montanas.

IMG_1331.jpg

Mas Montanas.

IMG_1332.jpg

Texas Mike es muy rapido on his KTM Adventure moto!

IMG_1338.jpg

There is extreme poverty in rural mountainous Mexico: A family of five was living under this worn out palapa; Que lastima!

IMG_1339.jpg

Old Michael: Please photo shop a picture of a "Stick Man" doing a face plant 2/3rds of the way down this slope: That'd be me!

IMG_1340.jpg

Mi muy bonita Salma Hayek, mi Amor: 2009 BMW GS F650 Twin. Hombre, I really do love this moto muy grande!

IMG_1342.jpg

Mas Montanas con El Jefe.

IMG_1344.jpg

Agua y Los Banos break.

IMG_1347.jpg

La Escuela (school) at 9,500 feet for the rural ranching Los Ninos (children).

IMG_1348.jpg

Our BMW GS's taking a very well deserved rest!

IMG_1353.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Gotta get another dual sport soon. The last one went to pay daughters school bills. She should buy the next one.

Welcome back don Don!

Hope you checked in with the National Center for Disease Control?

Good pics and write-up!

Hasta Luego!

.........wow. Thanks for posting up. Another item for the bucket list

BeemerNeenerDonnieBoy, Muy bueno report me amiga! :rofl:

Good to see the 30+ year old AirHead going and going and going like the Energizer bunny..

and Marine Mike - looks like he had the most dirt-oriented skoot of the bunch - how did he fare overall? I have a ATK XR-600 air cooled 1987 vintage in the process of street licensing..

Any possible way to post a map of the journey? Such far away places and me no clue..

Your skoot - how much ground clearance? Looks kinda minimal, like Wabs from the fotos - did you drag skid plate alot? High centered?

Awesome ride, you're riding and living the dream..

Oh, and I only get the swine? :unsure:

https://share.findmespot.com/shared/faces/v...gMJBE69YNyFkfYy Mi Buen Hermano Donaldo: As you well know, I am not computer literate like you and SkooterG. But mi amigo, Brian "El Jefe" Boles, is a Design Engineer for Microchip Corporation here in Chandler. He placed this Spot locator Mexico on our BMW Club's website.

Marine Mike did great, he and I hit it off really well; he was in the Corps 1968 to 1974, same years I was in the U. S. Army.

Just like Wabs and my very own Irish Shillelagh, the ground clearance dimension is only nine inches on mi Salma. Never got Salma high centered and stuck, but SW Motech skid plate is fairly well scraped up on its bottom; that's what they're for!!!

BB "El Jefe" and his Airhead "BumbleBeemer" have been exploring North America for 30 years together; inseparable team!

Far as our only bringing you back the swine from Del Toro, when we did the women and the tequila, they are very cute pigs!

Great stuff AMIGO!

I loved it. I can't imagine doing that many miles - on dirt roads. The bar and a bed must look awfully good at the end of each day.

And this photo of the "Burrito Ballerina" on a Texas beach, .......BEAUTIFUL!

If that doesn't make ya smile, well, there's something wrong with you.

Beemerdonsonthebeach.jpg

I must ask though, if y'all weren't ever concerned for you safety, considering the turmoil in Mexico lately?

Not worried about being left on a beach - naked and bikeless? I hear stories.

And the Cubs? Oh please.

https://www.azbeemers.org/forum/index.php?t...g11853#msg11853 Old Michael: Here's a link to the Ride Report that my long time Mexico riding amigo Brian "El Jefe" Boles is posting up on our BMW MOA Chartered Club #89 website.

As you well know from my posts on our FJR Forum and from my Ride Reports, I love riding a motorcycle in Mexico and I love the Mexican people. I first rode my Norton Atlas 750 to El Rosario, for a week in Mexico, in October of 1968; was just before I reported to Fort Ord in Monterey, California for Infantry Basic Training; starting my 6-year Army Tour of Service.

Is it currently safe to ride a motorcycle in Mexico? Sadly, no it isn't. But, Brian and I'll not stop doing it, we just take extra special precautions when we do it! For an example, when 10 AZ Beemers rode to Guadalajara and Puerto Vallarta in October last year: BB made the sound decision to have his esposa, Melanie "La Reina" Boles fly into Guadalajara and fly back home to Phoenix from Puerto Vallarta. Made the decision that our women were not going to travel with us through Sinaloa. Culiacan's a base camp of the major narcotraficantes of Western cartels, didn't want our gals exposed to danger.

https://www.fjrforum.com/forum//index.php?showtopic=111837 Was Culiacan Cartel shoot out, when we returned on this one.

https://www.azbeemers.org/forum/index.php?topic=1660.0 Old Michael: In October of 2010 a dozen of us are riding to Guatemala and I cordially invite you to join us on this trip. We are going to employ the same technique on this trip, our muy bonita mujeres will fly into Acapulco, spend a week riding the stupendous Chiapas region with its Mayan antiquities, on to Guatemala City - which is an incredible ciudad, and then they will return to PHX, Estados Unidos flying home from Veracruz.

As far as worrying about being left on a beach - naked and bikeless? Now that I am fully retired from Metro Mechanical here in Phoenix, I ride with SkooterG on an almost daily basis. What would you be more worried about, Los Mexicanos or Skooty?

Don, thanks for sharing your fun.

Wonderful sites and fun you guyz had!!

MAN-O-MAN am I jealouse. You hit seme areas I'm not familiar with and would really like to find. I love the Pancho Via poster, -and I've done a lot of exploring the Panch Villa areas down there.

....and how about Catorce Estacion and that Peyote, .....I would have been all over that!!!

Thanks for sharing your fun, You've really made me jealous and I can't wait to see you in person and get more details and such so that I can try some of these places out!

Mexico is true magic ...especially on a moto-bike

Saludos RenoJohn,

Your words of praise for my humble narrative and simple photographs mean a lot to me, as you are the FJR Forum Master of the Ride Reports; with Michael O'Keeffe in a very close second. I always appreciate the fact that you personally e-mail me your ride reports and please keep me on your mailing list. When I see your Reports here, that is the first thing I go for!

I also am an admirer of Francisco "Pancho" Villa! I have been to the home of El Generalisimo "Quinta Luz" in Chihuahua, this is now the Museum of the Mexican Revolution. I spent six years in US Army: We still study his Victory at Zacatecas!

Know what is uncanny: Is how much Sr. Arturo Montoya-vectervp1 looks like the Hero of Division del Norte in early photos!

You know me RJ, I'll ride South of the Border at the drop of a sombrero. Glad to lead you and SkooterG to San Luis Potosi!

Now, let's talk about Peyote! Below's what I wrote at https://www.azbeemers.org about riding to Real and meeting Humberto

Senor Tristan and his Swiss esposa Coraline are the owners of Hotel Real de Catorce; coolest couple, older than me, that I have ever met in my sixty years of living. I got to practice mi Espanol with HRT und auf Deutsch mit schon Frau Coraline.

Humberto offered us Peyote, and if I had another available day I'd have tried it. If we return to Real, I'll give it a sample!!!

Recuerdos mi Amigo,

Chuy Medina "El Burrito Ballerina"

https://www.imdb.com/name/nm0273346/ Enrique, the best part of the trip was meeting a man who kissed mi Salma Hayek!

Senor Humberto Fernandez Tristan and Coraline are owners of Hotel Real de Catorce and lived there for thirty-five years.

Real de Catorce was used by Hollywood Studios filming both "The Mexican" and "Pirates of the Caribbean: At World's End".

On the wall of the hotel's lobby, Humberto has a half dozen pictures of Salma and him; she's kissing him in one photo.

He also has photos of him being kissed by Penelope Cruz and Julia Roberts; but I only care about mi muy bonita Salma.

He's 69 years old and dropped out of his family's mining business in Cuernavaca to become a revered Huichol shaman.

He starts his day every morning with a glass of manzanita jugo and a bud of peyote: has eaten Peyote for 35 years now.

He went dirt bike riding with us on an old beater Suzuki two-stroker with a bright red Maico tank attached. Great offroader!

He actually rode very well for a man of his age and the condition of his bike; he knew these muy peligro roads first hand.

BB & I also found out that we rode better after a bud with desayuno; but ours happened to be Budweiser! Next time for us!

https://dvd.ciao.co.uk/The_Mexican_DVD__Review_5280077 Humberto played "The Nobleman" with Brad Pitt, JR and James Galdolfini. POTC3 he was "Vallenueva's Aide": Great photos of him, Johnny Depp and Keith Richards; other movie stars.