'04/'05 R1 & FZ6 TPS recall

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HIGHLANDER

naewittyshitepostedeere
Reaction score
A member on another board has stated he received a letter from Yamaha recalling the bikes ( R1 & FZ6 ) for TPS problems. Since we seem to have a rash of TPS failures recently, maybe the FJR is next? Anyone backup this recall info with their letter from Yamaha? Is the FJR TPS the same part as the R1 TPS?

A member on another board has stated he received a letter from Yamaha recalling the bikes ( R1 & FZ6 ) for TPS problems. Since we seem to have a rash of TPS failures recently, maybe the FJR is next? Anyone backup this recall info with their letter from Yamaha? Is the FJR TPS the same part as the R1 TPS?
Yeah, I got the letter from Yamaha telling me to bring it in. All '04 and some '05 R1's and FZ6's are affected. Mine has no problem and I don't intend to let some Yahoo dink with my bike. I know a service manager at a shop and I'm going to see if I can get him to just give it to me instead and I'll do it. The FJR is exempt from this recall though.

I haven’t got the letter yet but I just had the TPS replaced on my 04 FZ6. It hadn’t failed completely yet but I believe it was on its way out.

After having it replaced throttle response seems smoother and the bike does seem to run better.

'04 R1 TPS: 5FL-85885-01-00

'06 FJR TPS: 5PS-85885-01-00

'03 to '05 TPS, now replaced by the '06 TPS: 5PS-85885-00-00

The R1 and FJR TPS physically look the same.

I haven’t got the letter yet but I just had the TPS replaced on my 04 FZ6. It hadn’t failed completely yet but I believe it was on its way out.
After having it replaced throttle response seems smoother and the bike does seem to run better.
If you want a copy of it, PM me. Might be able to get credit or $$ back. Recall gives VIN #'s affected.

Last edited by a moderator:
If you want to go to the FZ6 forums on www.sportbikes.net there is about 33 pages of talk about the TPS problem and recall on the FZ6 and others.

B)

If you want to go to the FZ6 forums on www.sportbikes.net there is about 33 pages of talk about the TPS problem and recall on the FZ6 and others. B)
So, if we are to use page count as a guide, there will be a FJR oil recall?

If you want a copy of it, PM me. Might be able to get credit or $$ back. Recall gives VIN #'s affected.
I meant I had it replaced under the recall. Just had the dealer look up the VIN and check it against the service bulletin. Didn't cost me a dime. Thanks anyway.

If I had to pay for it out of pocket I would have done it myself.

If you want to go to the FZ6 forums on www.sportbikes.net there is about 33 pages of talk about the TPS problem and recall on the FZ6 and others.

B)
So, if we are to use page count as a guide, there will be a FJR oil recall?
:rofl: :rofl:

And don't forget about the tire recall! Theres gots tuh bee a hunnert pages uh tire dee-skushin.

:rofl: :rofl:

Latest posts