Fund For Tyler TOTALS POSTED

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Cdogman

Bad Boy
Reaction score
I will have a total in the morning..

This has been amazing.. Thank you all for allowing me to serve as your conduit.. I am honored, Cdog

LETS SWAMP THE HOSPITAL WITH CARDS NOW!!

Tylers Address for Get well cards

Santa Clara Valley Medical Center

Patient: Tyler Risk c/o TICU

751 S. Bascom Avenue

San Jose, CA 95128

Please pass our gratitude on to all who donated. The outpouring from everyone continues to impress me & lift all our spirits. Take care & have a good day.

-Jaime

[SIZE=14pt]7/10/09 - 6.00 pm[/SIZE]

$12,631.45 [SIZE=36pt] paypal + $180 (in checks)[/SIZE]

$12,811.45 Closing Balance

Dang People.. YOU ROCK

Last edited by a moderator:
More than happy to contribute as the costs for her 'Support Team' will be expensive to say the least.

Get well Tyler.

-MD

I love Tyler and all, but what is the money going towards?
Perhaps I can offer an answer, having been through this as the family member of a MC accident victim.

I had to take unpaid time off work, to be with Andy while he was at his worst. As an employee of the hospital, I didn't have to pay for parking but the kids got hit up for $5 each visit, which soon added up. With no time to shop for groceries, I relied on expensive cafeteria food.

Tyler is far from home, so I'm guessing the family will be doing a lot of shopping at Walmart and Target, for things that they would have otherwise run home to fetch.

While in the hospital, we had to come up with copayments for things like a back brace, the first month rental on a wheelchair, and a bed, for when Andy went home.

I forget the details but there were lots of nickel and dime things that came up with his bike and the insurance claim.

The first week off work is not paid by disability insurance, and then SDI only pays a part of what one might have otherwise earned.

I read somewhere that Tyler may have to go to a convalescent facility. There are good ones and others. I'm guessing that $$ comes into the equation. Having seen some of the others, I'm really hoping that she can either be cared for at home (more $$) or find one of the good ones. When she does go home, if she's not 100% healed ( in which case, she will be bike shopping) she's going to need some adaptations to allow her to maximize her independence.

And last, but not least, our girl (and her caregivers) will need a whole lot of pampering during and after this ordeal.

PS Donation sent via Paypal.

Silver Penguin

Thank you.. I have never set one of these up before.. There was money coming in before I got all the channels open.. We got it all.. But this group of people are incredible..

To say she will have "Additional Expenses" is an understatement..

5 bucks.. 1 buck.. It is not really even about money (but it is)

it is about support.. Her sister says "dont worry about materials stuff right now" That is fine.. But let me tell you.. When it comes time to pay the piper.. A "cushion that was not expected".. Will be nice.

Just sayin

it is about support.. Her sister says "dont worry about materials stuff right now" That is fine.. But let me tell you.. When it comes time to pay the piper.. A "cushion that was not expected".. Will be nice.
Just sayin

You're so right. Having an unexpected cushion will allow Tyler and her family the luxury of not having to worry about the material things for a while, and concentrate on what really matters.

I can tell you from experience, that when Andy's employer made a very generous offer with his salary, during Andy's hospitalization, it was the most wonderful feeling in all the world. Instead of worrying how on earth I was going to fit in all the overtime work needed, to pay the mortgage AND take care of an invalid, I was able to just worry about Andy.

At the severe risk of appearing stupid, I cannot access the address shown: [email protected] Cutting and pasting into the browser window ain't working... How's about turning that into a link that we can click on for access to make a donation?

Please?

Thanks,

Don

At the severe risk of appearing stupid, I cannot access the address shown: [email protected] Cutting and pasting into the browser window ain't working... How's about turning that into a link that we can click on for access to make a donation?
Please?

Thanks,

Don
Go to www.paypal.com

If you don't already have an account with them, follow the directions to sign up (no cost to you). Then find the tab that says 'send money' and fill out the rest. [email protected] goes into the recipient field.

Thanks Silver ~ That was a nice fast reponse, and it shall be done!Don
You're welcome. At last, some good has come from this darn addiction to FaceBook's word-hunt game. (It has me tied to my computer, hunting for just ONE more letter, when I could be doing a lot of other, more productive things with my time instead).

Status
Not open for further replies.