• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to FJRForum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Race Tech Suspension Group Buy

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

HaulinAshe

Reaction score
I've been working with Race Tech to complete their suspension products for the FJR. As part of that process they offered us a forum discount/group buy opportunity. I'll also post a review with my impressions of their products. My main goal has been and continues to be, refining their "package" to minimize the questions involved with installation and improve our experiences with installing and using their products. I believe the efforts from several of us FJR owners involved has resulted in an excellent product offering.

[SIZE=12pt]The discount is valid with Race Tech from April 15th through July 31st, 2010.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10pt]In order to obtain the discount, please PM me (HaulinAshe) with a simple message titled something like "Race Tech Group Buy" or "Race Tech Discount Code" and I will answer you back with the discount code. I will not post the forum discount code for public disclosure.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10pt]*** NOTE - Several people have PM'd with their request, that's great. I won't have a code for the reply until April 15th.[/SIZE]

Once you receive the discount code, simply contact Race Tech for details/information/pricing, give them your discount code and they will complete your order accordingly.

The forum discount offer from Race Tech is as follows...

25% discount for Fork upgrade parts & labor, customer chooses what they wish to buy: Gold Valve kits, Springs, Seals, Oil & Bushings, Installation.

Free ground shipping with combo purchase of Gold Valves & Fork Springs or Free return shipping with full Race Tech Fork upgrade installation lower 48. We offer USPS Priority (customer pays shipping) to Alaska, Hawaii, Canada, Overseas. Fork orders can ship upon receipt, shop installation turn around time is 10 days plus shipping time, fork installation labor is $135/set

10% off any G3-S FJR Shock option & free ground shipping USA lower 48 & USPS as noted above. There is typically a 2-3 week build time on G3-S shocks because each one is a custom built product.

There are two(2) shock options, one with remote Rebound and one with remote Rebound and remote hydraulic Preload.

Last edited by a moderator:
Wowza,

This is awesome! Me a looongtime RaceTech user and believer. IMO their stuff is unmatched. I've used their stuff in all my bike of the last 6years or so.

In fact, yesterday my stuff for my FJR forks just arrived, this is the 2nd FJR I've Race-Tech'd the front end. Man-0-Man do I wish I would have known about this group buy two weeks ago.

They do the full cartridge, both compression and rebound ..as well as the necessary parts. As noted above, they can also supply seals, bushings Oil ...and they will even do Installation.

Here is a taste of some of their groovy stuff:

100406_RTparts%20(0).JPG

Here is what is included in the cartridge package ...both compression cartridge, rebound cartridge and assorted parts. Also a DVD and detailed instructions as well as a key-code to access their website to help you get your race-tech suspension dialed in. Note, they even include a sticker or two. :)

100406_RTparts%20(1).JPG

Close up of the cartridges

100406_RTparts%20(2).JPG

100406_RTparts%20(3).JPG

While it is very groovy of Jeff to put this group buy together, I will never forgive the phuck for doing it two weeks late. I would have been on for sure.

Anyone who misses out on this is will truly be seen ....uhhh, in the rearview mirrors of those who get on this opportunity.

I assume (uh oh...) this is for Gen1's and Gen2's???

I look forward to prices etc. I'm local, I'll drive my crap there! :yahoo:

I don't want to wait daddy, I want a Race Tech Suspension NOW!!!! Note: Replace RT Suspension with Oompa-Loompa. ;)

Thanks for putting this together and working with that difficult guy Ynotride. :p

Here are some pics of the race tech set up on a genII. Anyone who decides on this set up will not be disappointed. Thanks Jeff for setting this up and hooking me up with the first prototype it was cool knowing I had the only set up like this for a few months :clapping:

racetech005.jpg

racetech004.jpg

racetech006.jpg

racetech011.jpg

racetech003.jpg

racetech017.jpg

I went to the IMS and talked to the RaceTech reps there. One told me about the FJR group buy, I called about two weeks ago and asked. They said they'd just give me the group buy rate. :yahoo: So I pulled the trigger, since they had the front end parts they sent me those. I will have a bit of a write up of doing the front forks in case people want to do it on their own. I got another week and a half before my shock should be done. :rockwoot:

I live local to Race Tech and know several people who work there. I brought my FJR there after I participated in the GP Suspension group buy to have more work done. GP did a great job, however I fell the spring rates that they used was still to soft. I had Race tech change the .95kg fork spring to a 1.1 kg and the rear 750lb spring changed to a 800lb spring. They also tightened up the valving in the forks. The net result was my bike handled even better than it did before.

By the way, I have a 07 GSXR750 that is fitted with .95kg springs even though it's 200 plus lbs lighter than the FJR. I had Race Tech install G2-R 25mm CARTRIDGE KITS to the forks as well as the Gold valve and rebound kit to the rear shock and again, the results were outstanding. Motorcyclist a couple years ago tested 2 AMA spec. GSXR600's one with full Ohlins race - front and rear suspension and the other with the full Race Tech front and rear suspension. The net result was that the Race Tech bike went almost a second faster around Butonwillow raceway than the Ohlins bike did. Not to mention that the Race Tech costs almost half as much money.

I could not have been more pleased with the quality of service I got from Race Tech.

If there is anything I can do to help, please let me know.

I live local to Race Tech and know several people who work there. I brought my FJR there after I participated in the GP Suspension group buy to have more work done. GP did a great job, however I fell the spring rates that they used was still to soft. I had Race tech change the .95kg fork spring to a 1.1 kg and the rear 750lb spring changed to a 800lb spring. They also tightened up the valving in the forks. The net result was my bike handled even better than it did before.
By the way, I have a 07 GSXR750 that is fitted with .95kg springs even though it's 200 plus lbs lighter than the FJR. I had Race Tech install G2-R 25mm CARTRIDGE KITS to the forks as well as the Gold valve and rebound kit to the rear shock and again, the results were outstanding. Motorcyclist a couple years ago tested 2 AMA spec. GSXR600's one with full Ohlins race - front and rear suspension and the other with the full Race Tech front and rear suspension. The net result was that the Race Tech bike went almost a second faster around Butonwillow raceway than the Ohlins bike did. Not to mention that the Race Tech costs almost half as much money.

I could not have been more pleased with the quality of service I got from Race Tech.

Man-0-Man, that is some testimonial. Thanks for sharing. BTW, I too prefer the stiffer springs both front and rear.

+100

And I will also offer my help to anyone that needs/wants it. I literally live one mile from Race Tech and they used my bike to fab up the new shock for this group buy so I do have a good relationship with them.

I'm watching this anxiously to see exactly what the details will be so I'll know just how much of the Race Tech goodness that I can afford! I'm afraid that doing it all might be out of reach... So wondering if I should focus on rebuilding the forks or getting the rear shock... Decisions, decisions...

Bump!

Forum Discount details added to first post.

I will have the discount code for the PM replies by April 15th.

Here are some pics of the race tech set up on a genII. Anyone who decides on this set up will not be disappointed. Thanks Jeff for setting this up and hooking me up with the first prototype it was cool knowing I had the only set up like this for a few months :clapping:
racetech005.jpg

racetech004.jpg

racetech006.jpg

racetech011.jpg

racetech003.jpg

racetech017.jpg
That is a cool looking shock.

I'm glad they finally added the remote hydraulic preload.

Well I signed up for the full meal deal today. Gotta take my forks off and send them down to get rebuilt with new springs and the Gold Valve kit. New shock is being built and sent my way.

I'll let you know how it all turns out in a few weeks.

Thanks!

Well I signed up for the full meal deal today. Gotta take my forks off and send them down to get rebuilt with new springs and the Gold Valve kit. New shock is being built and sent my way.
I'll let you know how it all turns out in a few weeks.

Thanks!
Awesome. I'm sure you'll be thrilled. I'm really anxious to hear how that groovy looking rear shock works out for folks. I have no doubt it'll be stellar.

For those getting a rear shock here are some tips...

* Be sure to record your initial settings and file them away for safe keeping. The LowSpeed Compression and HighSpeed Compression adjusters are set in "turns from fully CW". They don't really have "clicks".

The Rebound knob at the bottom of the shock, does have clicks.

* One of the unique things about the RaceTech shock is that the entire range of adjustments is practical to use. Obviously if you find yourself at or very near the extreme of settings, you may want to consider re-valving. But RaceTech will tell you to feel free to experiment, just make sure you know where you started and how to get back there.

I'm working on various spring rates and adjustment/valve settings to come up with some optimal starting points for various riders and load conditions. The FJR has many variations because of the ability to ride solo/no bags, all the way to two-up fully loaded with three bags.

OK, you got my attention!

But I really have no idea what I want or need in fork/shock upgrades, I just know I need them. I'd like to add riding 2 up, 3 bags, AND a trailer to Jeff's range of variations. (Although it looks like only solo for now! :( )

So, how does one determine what springs one should use?

I was thinking I'd give GP a shot at hooking me up but this sounds like an offer too good to pass up.

:unsure:

Status
Not open for further replies.