Warchild/Daughter World Superbike Adventure!

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Warchild

Benevolent Dictator
Reaction score
Almost a year of planning and preparation... and the Adventure is happening now!
bling_cool.gif

19-year-old daughter Lauryn's first long-distance multi-day tour with her at the controls of her 1994 Kawasaki Ninja 500!

Here's the brave new LD Rider, 30 minutes past midnight, Friday, May 28, 2010. Having just endured 300 rain-soaked miles earlier in the day, here Lauryn stands ready on the rain-soak driveway for more wet riding... this time, in the cold, at night!

rsz_p5280001.jpg

Stretching our legs early Friday morning in southern Oregon:

rsz_p5280004.jpg

Lauryn proved to be a hard-core Endurance Rider, and rode rock-steady through many long minutes of freezing hail, then expertly handled the freak late May storm that dumped snow above 5500 feet in northeastern Nevada that day.... Lauryn rode over 21 miles of snow between Jackpot, Nevada, and Wells, Nevada.

Lauryn piloted her Ninja through the snowstorm with aplomb, with her biggest complaint being the snow would completely opaqued-up her HJC lens. Later, at Wells, Lauryn exclaimed: "Dad, WTF?! That was some gnarley shit!"
weirdsmiley.gif
weirdsmiley.gif
weirdsmiley.gif

Lauryn, at Wells, Nevada, moments after the 21 miles of snow-riding:

rsz_p5280010.jpg

Saturday, May 29:

Now we are trackside checking out the vendor area. Lauryn got to see her favor racer's bike: Jake Zemke and his National Guard GSX1000R (on display even though AMA Pro Racing is not here this week):

rsz_p5290019.jpg

Matt Mladin's #1 racebike:

rsz_p5290022.jpg

Miller Motorsports lets race fans pretty close to the action. Here Lauryn and I positioned ourselves right at the exit of Pit Row where riders would pass by just 10-12 feet away from us as they start BLASTING down the straightaway! Here's a shot of Johnny Rea on his incredibly fast HANNspree/Ten Kate Honda:

rsz_p5290031.jpg

Troy Corser on his blazing fast BMW 1000R as he pulls into the straightaway

rsz_p5290035.jpg

Cal Crutchlow on the factory Sterilgarda Yamaha YZF-R1 passes us close:

rsz_p5290039.jpg

As we walked the paddock area, we came upon HANNspree/Ten Kate teammates Johnny Rea and Max Neukirchner on their paddock scooters just after the First Qualifying session::

rsz_p5290041.jpg

Further on down the paddock area, we came upon former 2-time World Champion James Toseland talking to race fans (this was after the first First Qualifying session, before Toseland tossed his R1 away in the second session):

rsz_p5290043.jpg

The factory Sterilgarda mechanics blow kitty litter dust out of James Toseland's R1 after he crashed it on Turn 3 halfway through the 2nd Session:

rsz_p5290052.jpg

More pics tomorrow....

Last edited by a moderator:
Let me guess: you threw her in the pool when she was 6 mos old to teach her how to swim. :p

Wow! She's lucky to have you teach her how to ride. From here on out, it'll be gravy--weekends on dry, local twisties during reasonable hours. And cool shots of the race!

I don't see the resemblance.

Gunny..............She's WAY too good looking to be your offspring :rolleyes: . I think a paternity test on the Maury Povich show is in order! :rolleyes:
No question you guys would be right from all physical appearances. But then, Lauren DID ride all night in the rain and snow. Maybe the mailman is a LD rider, too? :unsure:

Gunny..............She's WAY too good looking to be your offspring :rolleyes: . I think a paternity test on the Maury Povich show is in order! :rolleyes:
Of the spoken (and unspoken but thought comments on this thread)...this one is my favorite.

I know I couldn't type what my friend suggested. :rolleyes:

That is a cool weekend! Way to go Dale and soon-to-likely-be IBA addition.

I was thinking there is NO WAY IN HELL this fine looking woman.............

rsz_p5290019.jpg

rsz_p5290022.jpg

could be your offspring in any way whatsoever!

Until I read again her words:

Later, at Wells, Lauryn exclaimed: "Dad, WTF?! That was some gnarley shit!" :weirdsmiley: :weirdsmiley: :weirdsmiley:

And I realized it surely must be.

Glad you two are having a great Old Geezer-Daughter riding trip together. What a very special treat. Enjoy my friend.

Does anyone around here look at those pics and then wonder what it would be like to have Warchild as a father-in-law? Scary shit. Word.

Latest posts