SE Ohio ride August 4th

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

El Toro Joe

FYYFF
Reaction score
:clapping: Come ride the SE Ohio Ramble route with Mark (wheatonFJR) & me, on Wednesday August 4th.

Mark & I will be heading down on Tuesday the 3rd and camping at Wolf Run State Park (5 miles north of Caldwell)...

:yahoo: So, come on down and lets do this thing. :yahoo:

Last edited by a moderator:
...yeah, take a "sick day" if you have to...to run the Ramble route midweek.

I'm on my way down south to scout out future FJR Camping locations...and it would be nice to ride the Ramble route with you Ohio guys midweek when the traffic should be light. B)

I'm probably in. If you're looking for route ideas- 513, 260, and 376 have new pavement on them.

I guess I aleady have a route in mind...

The route will be 330 miles, start and finish at the Best Western in Caldwell

overallroute330miles-caldwell-1.jpg

I'm probably in. If you're looking for route ideas- 513, 260, and 376 have new pavement on them.
Great!!

Do you need a gpx or S&T 2010 file of the proposed route? I will have one to share if you wish. I will be using a turnsheet as I don't use a gps.

Have a great time.

Hopefully it will be a little warmer & dryer than the last time. B)

Tom

Have a great time.Hopefully it will be a little warmer & dryer than the last time. B)

Tom
Tom, you need a road trip...don't ya? I don't think it'll be 40 and raining...more like HOT :beach: & HUMID as Hell :diablo:
I really need a road trip bad & I'm actually sneaking off for long weekend of Appalachian twisties tomorrow morning. :yahoo: Hopefully the weather cooperates.

At this point it's still looking like a no show for me.

Hey Mark...did you pencil in 260n/537e off of 26?It's a 14 mile loop that starts and ends on 26,it's a good one.I imagine Bryguy's been over there checking it out,maybe he can give you the lowdown on it.

Have fun guys.

Looks like a great route. What time do you want to meet/start?
We'll probably eat breakfast at 8am at the mom and pop restaurant next to the motel in Caldwell, and go kickstands up at 9:15am after that.

I still have to look at the route and revise it Denny...I also need to rethink gas stops as David has a 4.8gal tank @40mpg or less.

I will post up something firm after this weekends ride.

At this point it's still looking like a no show for me.
Hey Mark...did you pencil in 260n/537e off of 26?It's a 14 mile loop that starts and ends on 26,it's a good one.I imagine Bryguy's been over there checking it out,maybe he can give you the lowdown on it.

Have fun guys.
Hey Denny,

so what yer sayin is to keep going east on 26 until I get to 260n, head left/north until I get to 537e take a right/east on that until I get to 26...head west on 26 until I get to 260s...head left/south on that to continue the route I have already?

Also, your comments from last fall on the west end of the route was to take 329 south out of Trimble instead of 13...and take 329 south that all the way to 144. I'll modify the route to include that.

Is 555 just south of 78 is still pretty graveled up like the last two years???

We'll get this route whupped into shape yet.

:)