FODS IV

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

madmike2

Shtirrenuppenmeister
Reaction score
:yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo:

Those of you who refused to join the fun: "Neenr-neener-neener!" :bleh:

We had a great time:

Nice venue! Thanks Brad.

Nice Weather! Thanks unspoken person in charge of weather fronts.

Wonderful people! All of you.

Fun times. Terrific riding (so I heard) and great scenery. More food than we could eat. More "adult beverage" than could be consumed...believe it or not, some booze was brought home.

Enough! A few pictures for your visual enjoyment:

I love driving across the Sacramento Valley looking at the Sierras, knowing I'll be there in an hour.

IMG_1289.jpg

I was passing this farm land and kept hearing strange voices saying, "Whe-e-e-ere's Baa-a-a-arry?"

IMG_1286.jpg

Looking south from Hwy 88

IMG_1292.jpg

Caples Lake

IMG_1297.jpg

Downhill on the eastern slope of the Sierras.

IMG_1300.jpg

Hope Valley. The deciduous trees are just beginning their Fall color change.

IMG_1303.jpg

Topaz Lake

IMG_1312.jpg

Yeah...I made it! :yahoo:

IMG_1319.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Some of you know that I injured myself at work, so NO RIDING was the doctor's orders. I could still enjoy the trip, scenery and friends (unlike some others who cancelled or made alternate plans :blink: ...er...RenoJohn excepted).

Uberkul's toybox, toys and what would become "ride"..er.."command"..uhm..Party Central!

"Hello Christy and Julia!" :D

IMG_1321.jpg

Some of the boys: Joe (Bugnatr Jr.), Doug (Bugnatr), Brad (Uberkul), Dave (FastJoyRide), Mike (Hycle) and Rog (Rogdeb).

IMG_1323.jpg

Some of the girls: Terri (Better half of Hycle), Debs (Better half of Rogdebs), Jill (obvious better half of Silver Penguins) and "Siggy".

IMG_1324.jpg

The silver Penguins, some of their toys & hauler. Andy & Zeus, Jill & Siggy.

IMG_1325.jpg

Zeus listening attentively to Andy!

IMG_1328.jpg

Bugnatr's heading to Hawthorne for some Father/Son riding.

Uh...Doug...you should have stayed with us.... ;)

IMG_1330.jpg

My "roomies": Annie Oakley (Sylvia), FastJoyRide (Dave) and Bluestreek (Steve).

Kudos to Annie Oakley for sleeping with 3 men in her bedroom each night. :eek: Mmmm-mmmm-mmm! :blink:

IMG_1334.jpg

Hey, Rog, smile!

IMG_1335.jpg

Some of the group visiting and watching as the first evening approaches.

Uberkul's trailer to the left, Beemerdons' cabin straight ahead, Annie Oakley's bedroom for her 3 man-children cabin to the right.

IMG_1336.jpg

How many does it take to unload a KLR?

IMG_1339.jpg

SATURDAY MORNING:

View North from our cabin's porch.

IMG_1342.jpg

View South from the cabin's porch.

IMG_1345.jpg

Our cabin...Yes, we're roughing it!

IMG_1361.jpg

The FJRobs finally made it last night!

IMG_1353.jpg

FJRob's breakfast table.

Phone Queen (Terri, Mrs. FJRob), the girls (Sorry, I've forgotten their names), Debs, Mike, Rog, Terri and FJRob's back.

IMG_1357.jpg

Their was a rumor going around about FJRobs different sized balls. Then it was reported that they were the same size but TOO SMALL. I'll let Rob explain his way out of the dilemma.

IMG_1358.jpg

Getting ready for the morning ride.

IMG_1348.jpg

Uberkul-ette (Erin) showing how a lady gets ready for dirt riding.

Uhm...Barb (wannabe "dirty-girl"), please take note!

IMG_1349.jpg

Whew! Everyone is suiting up to follow Brad across the desert.

Hycle (Mike) is riding Uberkul's DR650. A possible convert to the D/S crowd?

IMG_1360.jpg

Head'em up...Mov'em out!

IMG_1364.jpg

Since I wasn't riding I headed south on NV 338/CA 182 to Bridgeport and Bodie.

Here are some pictures from that journey:

IMG_1366.jpg

IMG_1369.jpg

Some dirt road driving.

IMG_1374.jpg

Aaannndddd.....voila', there's Bodie.

IMG_1380.jpg

The gold mine.

IMG_1381.jpg

The brochure.

IMG_1382.jpg

It's a fascinating place, maintained and preserved but not restored. There are only about 20% of the original structures left. The town was burned in two major fires: 1892 and 1932. You can Google "Bodie" for more information. The last resident, after the bust of Gold and Silver mining, left at the outbreak of World War II.

One of the buildings/intersections.

IMG_1407.jpg

Future street rod?

IMG_1424.jpg

Future hot rod?

IMG_1452.jpg

Barn for Andrew....just because.

IMG_1459.jpg

An owl in the tree above Brad & Christy's toy hauler.

IMG_1463.jpg

Some photos from Saturday evening's "gala" at Uberkul's. Brad also took a number pf photos and I'm sure he'll post up.

I'll just say there was much fun and frivolity. This group is as much FUN to visit with as they are to ride with!

IMG_1465.jpg

Dave sampling his great salsa.

IMG_1467.jpg

IMG_1469.jpg

beemerdons, Christy (Mrs. Uberkul, Julia (Uber-sister in law), Erin (Uberkul-ette).

IMG_1470.jpg

SUNDAY MORNING

Many hugs and good-byes.

Many more, "We ARE doing this again next year"s.

Keep your eye on the ride planning section for next year's event....you really shouldn't miss it!

My drive home (beemerdons left first...very early), then I left as most of the riders were headed out for a morning ride before loading up.

Easterm slope of the Sierras above Gardnerville.

IMG_1474.jpg

Climbing up Hwy 88

IMG_1478.jpg

Nearing Carson Pass.

They brought wagon trains through this terrain because it was an "easy" passage?

IMG_1486.jpg

Fiddletown Road

IMG_1490.jpg

Back in the "Golden State". The Sacramento Valley.

IMG_1494.jpg

Great pics roomie! Steve and I squeezed in a Sunday morning dirt ride then loaded up and we were gone by noon.

Sylvia and I took Mike's very scenic "shortcut" to Bridgeport then a very relaxing couple of hours down 395 and we're bunked-in in Bishop, CA for the night. Can't thank you all enough for including a couple of frostbacks in your fun. As the Govanator says: "we'll be baaack"!

Thanks to the great FODS people, it was one awesome weekend.

I think the theme might have been. "Wow, I've never done that before"

I will let the other folks fill in what they did for the first time.

For me, it was riding with a great bunch of folks in the desert.

Thanks Christy, you loaned me an awesome bike to ride and your husband to guide me.

Thanks Brad, your a great leader and riding coach. Your encouragement means so much, I didn't think I could ride that well.

Mas Juguetes, Mas Amigos, Mas Diversion! More Toys, More Friends, More Fun! Many thanks to La Familia Uberkul for a fantastic FODS weekend. The Stanley Boys!

Seth and Daddy Don had a great day while at FODS exploring Virginia City and the V & T Railroad.

006.jpg

Seth called "ALL ABOARD!" and we started our hour long train ride along the approach to Virginia City.

008.jpg

Passed the rail yards where they were servicing the steam locomotives; our loco was a diesel.

018.jpg

Lots of tunnels were required to complete the line from Carson City to the mining districts.

023.jpg

More of the Virginia and Truckee railroad locomotives and rolling stock; impressive restoration.

032.jpg

Entering Gold Hill, Nevada on the train; incredible the amount of gold, silver and minerals that were extracted here in The Comstock Lode.

027.jpg

Here is my Seth (13) operating a Gen 2 locomotive: I said "Son, stick with the Gen 1 one models in both motorcycles and trains; always the fastest"!

010.jpg

Man oh man... Makes me want a dual-sport bike even more...

Thanks for posting up!

Although, I'm tempted to call BS on this thread.

This was an FJR gathering and Petey wasn't there?!? What's the world coming to???

Another FODS is in the books and I think everyone enjoyed themselves. I didn’t get to see Don (Beemerdons) very much and missed getting him in the group shot and banner signed. I really think I need to befriend Don to enjoy the perks of where he rides and the knowledge he holds. Dave and Sylvia (Fastjoyrides) from WAY up north were a joy to have in camp and I hope the rest of your vacation is great. Jill and Andy are some of the nicest people; I think Christy and Erin want to adopt them into our family. I would be fine with that if Andy is the type to share his toys! (The KTM you sickos!) I'm sorry Mike (Hycle) don't thank me for the use of the DR. I slipped you the crack, you are now an addict and you will do anything to get a fix. I like riding with Steve a lot, he's a good rider everywhere and I love his ultra-dry sense of humor. Riding with Rob (FJRob) is like having a great riding buddy and shop mechanic all rolled into one.

I didn’t get as many shots as I would have liked because I was too busy riding and visiting but there were a lot of cameras so it was well documented.

We had a friend show up in the tree over our camp spot.

1042577838_Wuzjr-L.jpg

Thanks Rob for letting us use your fire pit. I won't even mention your small balls or severed cable. :(

1042356326_5mX86-L.jpg

1042359162_QVFx3-L.jpg

1042364455_wFtVx-L.jpg

1042369184_CfkqZ-L.jpg

More to follow.

We made a run down to Pine Grove ghost town with Roger running shuttle service in his Honda truck. One man, three women, does this guy have things figured out or what?! :D I hear this truck run was nothing compared to the hill climb earlier trying to find the group on it’s way to Ludwig Mine.

1042381328_6pPdx-L.jpg

1042385022_XDRLV-L.jpg

Jill (Silver Penguin), Debbie and Andy.

1042391036_mYfwJ-L.jpg

Terri, Mike (Hycle) and Rob (FJRob)

1042395880_Uhv2e-L.jpg

FJRob wringing the the little TW200 out. I can't believe I actually got you in this shot with a point and shoot.

1042398470_uJCM8-L.jpg

Bluestreek rolling at a pace he actually noticed me. I think he has a little Paris Hilton thing going with no camera goes unnoticed. ;)

1042402270_Etaww-L.jpg

Andy (Mr. Silver Penguin) running the Vet-Expert plate on my, I mean his, sweet 2007 KTM 450 EXC ... but I'm not jealous. :glare:

1042403369_5bsFd-L.jpg

And the one, the only pimp-daddy Roger (RogDebs) roll'in the desert wit da lovely ladies.

1042406181_JEbez-L.jpg

Jill and Andy after the speed run down Pine Grove Rd.

1042409451_2i4xh-L.jpg

Andy on our bike.

1042412908_nD6sL-L.jpg

Mike (MadMike) gets an honorable mention because he came hurt so couldn't ride but made us all happy by just being there. How great a guy do you have to be to just show up and everyone wants to be around you? It must be his deodorant! Mike thought I was shooting this for Easy Rider Magazine.

1042379098_vgozx-L.jpg

Missing Don and Seth as they bugged out at O-dark-thirty.

1042374223_rbuba-L.jpg

A huge thanks to all who came and made this gathering a success. An extra huge thanks to the Better Halves for letting their spouses come out and play motorcycle.

Latest posts