2007 pics from the West Coast release

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HIGHLANDER

naewittyshitepostedeere
Reaction score
Went to the West coast release at Alice's restaraunt and took pices just like last year !! :D Unfortunately the weather did not co-oporate and the coastal fog hung around all day and the sun never showed up. :angry: Bummer as the color on the new bike needs the sunshine as you can tell from the pics.

All the Japanese upper management were there this year , heads of depts etc. Friendly folks, proud of the lineup. A couple of us were wearing our WFO rally shirts and they insisted they had to take a pic with us !!

Imagine that ! :lol:

The big news that was released at the event, for the first time in public I was told, is that Ben Bostrom has joined Yamaha's racing team. So now they have both brothers, Eric and Ben !! Big Secret !!! B)

IMG_1203.jpg

IMG_1202.jpg

IMG_1201.jpg

IMG_1200.jpg

IMG_1199.jpg

IMG_1198.jpg

IMG_1197.jpg

IMG_1202.jpg

See, folks? Told ya this color would be awesome in the flesh!! B)

All the Japanese upper management were there this year , heads of depts etc. Friendly folks, proud of the lineup. A couple of us were wearing our WFO rally shirts and they insisted they had to take a pic with us !!Imagine that !
:yahoo:

The big news that was released at the event, for the first time in public I was told, is that Ben Bostrom has joined Yamaha's racing team. So now they have both brothers, Eric and Ben !! Big Secret !!! B)
OPh, HELL YEAH, that's what I'm talking about!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Interesting that the tail section, except for the luggage rack, is silver. I wonner if that is going into production like that?

That is not just red, that is deep, glorious RED!

Shame on Yamaha for releasing those nasty Photochops...! :assassin:

Nice color...that ain't no ST1300! Now Honda went to black, I heard? (Who cares, right? ;) )

Can't wait 'til the CycleWorld show makes it down here in mid-November...

The Cherry Black does look good.

My brother just bought a 2006 FZ1 and FZ6, in red.

One for him, the other for the wife.

I'm really starting to like it.

Thanks for all the pictures.

MarkB

Last edited by a moderator:
IMG_1220.jpg

JUMBOTRON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

IMG_1211.jpg

The Bostrom bros, with the Yamaha management on stage

IMG_1219.jpg

Glad you all enjoyed the pics, that's the end of the ones I took. :D

The Cherry Black does look good.
My brother just bought a 2006 FZ1 and FZ6, in red.

One for him, the other for the wife.

I'm really starting to like it.

Thanks for all the pictures.

MarkB
So Mark, is there a red FJR in your future? You guys would look really good on that bike.

I was kinda disappointed in the red color. In the overcast light it almost looked a rust color. The silver under the luggage rack and behind the bags looks pretty odd. Like they couldn't decide what color to paint it.

Thanks Highlander! So cool that upper management liked WFO...I wish you spoke to them about sponsoring WFO 2007...get any phone numbers?

There's certainly an understated aspect to the dark red. I like my '06 blue, and I didn't like the '07 (Photoshop version) red at first (doesn't scream 'Ducati!'), but these photos have gone a long way to softening my opinion. I'd be proud to ride that bike.

There's certainly an understated aspect to the dark red. I like my '06 blue, and I didn't like the '07 (Photoshop version) red at first (doesn't scream 'Ducati!'), but these photos have gone a long way to softening my opinion. I'd be proud to ride that bike.
Understated is a good word for that red. I thought the bike looked fantastic in that soft light comming through the overcast but after working with a couple photos for several hours I cannot get the affect of seeing it in person. A couple of Highlanders pics come close but photos just don't seem to do it justice. Its pretty. I did print a pic of that red FZ6 and put it on my wifes desk in her "to do" file.

There was quite a showing from the FJR crowd and a lot of people lookng and talking about the FJRs. It seems the Yami Bigwigs took notice. They have to like the demographic. 40s and 50s guys with a little spare change seem to be attracted to these things in a big way.

That was a fun event. Was good to see you guys again