Lots more Concours 14 photos from Intermot

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bramfrank

BramFrank
Reaction score
Taken by a Swedish acquaintance of mine. Click the photos for larger images:

Now THAT'S a bummer. I get a 'too many pictures' error!!!! I have 49 thumbnails to post and it won't let me after I painstakingly pasted the links into the post one after the other.

Now I guess I'll do it again, but this time I'll prepare the links so I can figure out how many the darned board will allow.

The magic number seems to be 10.

Last edited by a moderator:
Dare I say it, it appears oil changes are even easier on the 14 than the FJR?

The scuff marks on the bags are pretty funny, rookies!

Swapping out to SS lines looks like it will be lots of fun. :D GTRTech.com does have a nice ring to it. :dribble:

Dare I say it, it appears oil changes are even easier on the 14 than the FJR?
:dribble: It looks to me that it is buried in the front of the engine and, typical for Concours, may require dropping the fairing or reaching up inside the front of the fairing to change the filter.

Easier than the FJR? :unsure:

Taken by a Swedish acquaintance of mine. Click the photos for larger images:
All I can say is...

Damn sexy. Very nice curves. Nice bulbous up front in the top. Nice tail section. I'm sure the riding position would do well for most of us. Not to much baggage. Her green shirt is nice to.

As for the bike. Yeah, it looks decent.

:lazy: :lazy2: :lazy3: :lazy: :lazy2: :lazy3: :lazy: :lazy2: :lazy3: :lazy: :lazy2: :lazy3:

I'm liking that machine more and more each day... Here's hoping that the competition sharpens the breed... ;)
Me too, but looking forward to seeing one in the flesh to get an idea if some of the components are as cheesy as they look in the photos. Price will be a big factor as well.

I'm liking that machine more and more each day... Here's hoping that the competition sharpens the breed... ;)
Me too, but looking forward to seeing one in the flesh to get an idea if some of the components are as cheesy as they look in the photos. Price will be a big factor as well.

Yamaha already makes a muffler full of cats like that :blink: ...it's on the 06 FZ1, at least for a while. :lol:

stu-mcy06-sb-10-007.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
From looking at pictures of the C-14 engine, it does not appear it is easier to change the oil filter compared to a FJR.

Saw the new Concours in person at Biketoberfest yesterday. I must say I was impressed. Changing the oil is easier than the old Concours but I would say it is not easier than the FJR. The filter is accessable from below and the fairing is open underneath it to alow the oil to drop into a pan without removing the bottom fairing. The bags are bigger than the FJR, the final drive looks cool but it looks like a lot of moving (wearing) parts.

The factory rep kept telling people that it was still in the developmental stage and was not the final product. Good, because the glove box is located at the front of the gas tank and was tough to open. Actually once you figure out how it works it opens easily. But it will be tough to open with a tank bag. It is larger than the one of the FJR (wider but shallow).

It was comfortable to sit on and I liked the look of the front end.

I still like the finish of the FJR better than the Concours.

I also have a feeling that like the old Concours, heat at the shin will be a major issue.

Sorry, no pics, but I think that BRAMFRANK has all the pic angles that I would have taken.

I agree with TWN, hopefully Mamayama takes notice and is looking at a lot more improvements in the near future.

I also have a feeling that like the old Concours, heat at the shin will be a major issue.
I agree with TWN, hopefully Mamayama takes notice and is looking at a lot more improvements in the near future.
Until you mentioned it, I had forgotten how my ankles used to roast on the Connie (Wearing hiking boots instead of proper riding boots didn't help).

Once the magazines begin the comparisons we'll have more information. While its nice to opine about the new bikes, it'll take a vast improvement to knock my FJR off the "King of the Hill" it occupies in my heart, mind and riding style.

Agreed that the bike looks ..... ummmm, OK. BUT for me, I still can't get over that big ugly single can, the one on the side of bike that is.... :D Looking forward to checkin' it out at the CW show in person.

--G

I like it!

Huge rear tire with a 190. I guess it needs a lot of rubber to get the power to the ground. ;) It will be interesting to see how the wide tire affects turn in. Does anyone know the rake on this bike?

Latest posts