BITE

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I would love to run this rally, but alas, I anticipate an extremely abbreviated rally schedule next year. Bummer.

I really wish I could do this one too. It's a great set of rallybastards -- the guys who run the Mason-Dixon 20-20, Cape Fear, and the Void. It should be a butt kickin' good rally. Good luck, Chris!

Hey Chris,

Guess what?

I'm not riding this one, imagine that? :rolleyes:

But I saw your post and wanted to say hi!

5 day eastern rally.

Deposit sent. I think they need 25 entrants by Feb to make it work.

Sign-up! I want to go for a ride.

https://www.beastintheeast.org/
I had this on my rallies to do list for next year. BTW, they have 2 non-draw 2013 IBR spots up for grabs, one with paid entry... Unfortunately for me they go to the top finishers.
Not true about the 2 IBR spots. The last I heard one may go to the top multi-day rally virgin...or may be selected by a random drawng. So get off your duff and get signed up before FEB.

And that goes for all you other pansies out there. If your considering a multi-day rally don't let this one slip away.

Deadline to keep the Beast alive is less than 1 month away. If your on the fence now's the time to send in your registration. It would be a shame to see this rally canceled when there's so many wanting to do a multi-day rally.

Right now there's 2 FJR's on the starting line. Would be nice to see a few other FJR's participating. Trigger? how about putting that new cell to work. Or what about some of you out there in Mamby Pamby land? Come on out and experience some of the finest rallying east of the Mississippi.

https://www.beastintheeast.org

I hate to sound like a cheap ass, but what is included for the $425.00 fee? Is that strictly the entrance fee, or are there other things covered as well? Don't get me wrong, I can only imagine the cost and work that goes in to putting a rally like this together, and the people doing the work should not be out of pocket a single penny. I am just trying to figure out what riding the event will end up costing by the time it is all said and done.

I hate to sound like a cheap ass, but what is included for the $425.00 fee? Is that strictly the entrance fee, or are there other things covered as well? Don't get me wrong, I can only imagine the cost and work that goes in to putting a rally like this together, and the people doing the work should not be out of pocket a single penny. I am just trying to figure out what riding the event will end up costing by the time it is all said and done.
Your entry fee includes a few meals (including the start, checkpoint, and finish), and some rally swag. So you'll need to add a few nights hotel, meals, and a bit of gas money. You can always share a room with someone at the start/finish to save a few bucks. A small price to pay for the adventure, camaraderie, and memories you'll come away with.

I do know the folks that put their time and effort into putting these on don't do to make a profit. And at $425 this rally is a bargain.

For comparison purposes,

IBR 2011 entry fee is $1,850 (168 per day)

Iron Butt 5000 was $1,000 (200 per day)

ButtLite IIIII was $900 (128 per day)

BitE $425 (85 per day)

3 day Utah 1088 350 (116 per day)

Stryg8r you need to back away from TriggerT as he won't even ride a 12 hour rally in his own backyard.... :dribble:

Maybe get him to the ride the Bonzii Rally this year would be a better fit....

Sorry Trig, had to as it was way to easy,

Dana

P.S.

That goes for you to Wheaties....

P.S.S.

Don't give me any crap back, as I am old and brake bones when I ride motorcycles....

Last edited by a moderator:
I rode this rally the first time it was run (2007) and had a great time. :yahoo: I defintely recomend it for anyone wanting to do a 5 day rally. (Especially if you live on the east coast and never seem to find the time to travel all the way to other coast for any of the other LD Rallies!)

I wanted to run it the next time it was up in 2009, but they cancelled before I could sign up. (Crappy year for me anyways). And now this year I wanted to go and I can't. I've already made other plans for a late June run thats going to use up all my vacation time. ;)

So if anyone is sitting on the fence, Get off it and sign up. This is a great rally.

-Colin

Well, I can now blame Dana if things go to crap.

I'm in. Just sent the registration form and $$.

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh, and the Bonsai is on the list as well, though it has been in the past and something always seems to come up. I will use the excuse that I have to go to it as a training run, and see how that works.