Gen I Dash Lights

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ionbeam

2 FUN
Reaction score
Where were these bad boys when I was replacing my dash lights last fall? Our FJRs take the NE03 series LEDs in place of the 9 Yamaha P/N 4WM-83517-10-00 -- BULB (T3.4 14V-80MA) bulbs.

clickable pic:

NeoWedge series LED Lamp

T1-1/4 NeoWedge base LED bulb for indication lamp applications. Lamps consists of non-removable standard LED or High Power SMD LED. 3mm LED in NEO3 lamp; 4mm LED in NEO4 lamp; 5mm LED in NEO5 lamp. 12 Volt DC. 100/120 degree beam pattern. The LEDs come in 5 colors and cool white.

The 100 degree pattern LEDs are $1.29 ea

The 120 degree pattern LEDs are $2.29 ea -- I believe these would be appropriate for our FJR.

Buy these LEDs and expect extreme vibration resistance and a 99 year life span.

Last edited by a moderator:
You know...I was going to come into this thread and burst some newbies bubble like I was shooting their new puppy.

Imagine how pleasantly surprised I was! Dude, I so want to try these! And just in time as I've got the nose of my old FJR off and about to take off the nose of the new one...and was considering whether to replace bulbs since I was in there anyway.

I don't see a link to sourcing, but will PM. You and I have talked before and know I love to test stuff. ;)

Thanks ion for keeping this place great!

Man, I just did mine a few weeks ago when someone (Iggy?) posted the Radio Shack bulb part numbers. Oh, well, who needs 99-year life in the dash lights anyway, when the originals lasted 6 years before I blew one?

Last edited by a moderator:
I did mine last April -- after they all went out. I'll remember the led's but I wanted to know what was under all that bright shiney plastic anyway. The gen II guys miss out on knowing their dash as well........... :)

As noted in my post (however faint in light gray) it is a clickable picture which is the link to the site.
That ignorant admin. When will they learn?

Oh!...I know that place...I bought tail/brake lights from them when I did my write-up last year. Off to read and buy.

Thx. ;)

Latest posts