Support BeemerChef and Spirit

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dcarver

Reaction score
My bet is most FJR peeps don't know of Ara and Spirit. They have been on the road traveling for over 5 years on a BMW hack.

Ara's photography and prose are unbeaten, even above Old Michael's and OrangevaleFJR's ride reports.

You really owe yourself to look at their website, The Oasis of My Soul and his posting at AdvRider

It appears Ara has entered a picture contest where the winning pix will used as a 'theme' in a Ron Howard movie.

..actually, let me cross-post from Ara himself..

BeemerChef;16217847]
Could you vote for us in this photo contest which we are a semi-finalist to be chosen as a "theme" for an upcoming Ron Howard Movie? 2 days left...

There are 29 photos left in the contest. Here are the instructions (they could have made it easier!). Don't try any other way...

Open the link and click on "Enter Gallery" on the top left. Scroll with the "right top arrow" the film strip and you will find our photo' date=' one click will do. Our photo will come up as a thumbnail, click on the photo, the photo will come up and you can vote for us... please...

Here is the link

https://www.youtube.com/Imagination THANK YOU....

Ara & Spirit[/i]
So then, fellow FJR peeps, get off your backside and vote for ARA!

Here's the pix you'll be voting for -

Spirit_Ara.jpg

Done. BTW, after viewing all the submissions, think I might just toss my camera. The creative eye of some people just blows me away!

Thanks Guys, I appreciate the response.

It seems as if today your fjrforum 'buds' respond to posts but no one else.

I recall a different time.

..and I will state right here that PNW doods rock the fjr forum - but I ain't moving up there, I rust in rain!

I'm kind of choking on the lack of response - but I'll get over it.

I mean, this guy Ara has been on the road for 5 fucking years and most FJR peeps think a 5-DAY vacation is worthy of attention.

I think I need to expand my personal horizons and do the dream I've had since high school.

..maybe?

dcarver,

Just wanted to let you know I did vote on this yesterday (followed the link) but did not take the time to confirm it here with a response. Don't loose all hope in us.

Bull from Atlanta

You gotta forgive DC, after all he works at a nuke plant part time! ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
I already voted before you even posted this thread, DC... so there! :p
Looking good "Young Lady"!!!... We are finally going to escape the 109 degree heat friday very early!!! I guess we will not have your presence July 4th weekend at the "P....t" gathering?

Lucky him... his electric bill is most likely $0 then!

Ara & Spirit

781528158_mf9Zi-L.jpg

Looking good "Young Lady"!!!... We are finally going to escape the 109 degree heat friday very early!!! I guess we will not have your presence July 4th weekend at the "P....t" gathering?
Nope... will be visiting friends in the wine country for the weekend... you thinking of coming down into the dregs of society (Bay Area) perhaps?? Stay with John/m0t0-ryder and we can visit there for coffee, lunch, etc. Would love to see you again! B)

done... bump
Thank you DC Carver... very kind of you. Yes, it is complicated! I could barely find my own as originally they had picked 3! Glad to be in the "relationship" category... very fitting with my Buddy Spirit!

Here is an easier link I found to vote with.

Hope to see you down the road...

Be well, always, Ara & Spirit

Use this link - Couldn't find your pic amongst the others using the original link - But WELL worth looking.

Being a old Montana boy, I just about went for the horse and his cowboy...
Thank You Dave, for voting for Ara. I know how close you are to farm animals and all.. :p Would it have helped if Spirit was eating a nice German chocolate pie with frosting, served by a beautiful 21 year old with big boobies and.... well, you get the idea!

dcarver,

Just wanted to let you know I did vote on this yesterday (followed the link) but did not take the time to confirm it here with a response. Don't loose all hope in us.

Bull from Atlanta
THANK YOU Bull!

I already voted before you even posted this thread, DC... so there! :p

Lucky him... his electric bill is most likely $0 then!

Ara & Spirit

781528158_mf9Zi-L.jpg
Actually, my freakin' electric bills are beyond belief!

..and more importantly, if you decide to see the lovely Ms. T, you need to stop at the Hondarosa too! We would love to have you spend as much time as you need, Spirit and Harley can play (his bestest ever girl-friend, a pitt, recently passed on) and our property is bounded by a mega-acre ranch, 3 miles of dirt road to access. Spirit can run free, and we have private quarters should you like to visit.

Head West *young* man, head West!