Butler Motorcycle Maps

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jer

Reaction score
These maps are made with the motorcyclist in mind. They show some of the most scenic and enjoyable roads in most Western States. They fold up easily and are waterproof. This is what there advertising says. Most of the selected routes have been ridden by motorcyclists. I am thinking of buying the 5 map collection at a cost of $75, but would like to get opinions from someone who has actually seen one of these maps. This package includes Montana, Wyoming, Utah, Idaho and Colorado. My friend Brent and I are planning a trip for next summer that would take us to all of these States.

LDRydr gave me one for the WABDR and it was a great map. After 600 miles of off-road unpacking, unfolding, folding against the stock fold, and repacking...at each intersection....it has a couple of wear marks. But, way better than paper.

But, I wouldn't buy one for just general roads...I'd buy a GPS instead with the $75.

LDRydr gave me one for the WABDR and it was a great map. After 600 miles of off-road unpacking, unfolding, folding against the stock fold, and repacking...at each intersection....it has a couple of wear marks. But, way better than paper.

But, I wouldn't buy one for just general roads...I'd buy a GPS instead with the $75.
I was thinking that the maps would provide us with roads we would not have considered. We are considering a trip from Boise to Sturgis, then down through Colorado into Northern New Mexico and back to Boise through Utah. I agree that the GPS with the trip loaded would be a lot easier to use then these maps. Thanks for the suggestion. I already have paper state maps as a backup.

I was thinking that the maps would provide us with roads we would not have considered. We are considering a trip from Boise to Sturgis, then down through Colorado into Northern New Mexico and back to Boise through Utah. I agree that the GPS with the trip loaded would be a lot easier to use then these maps. Thanks for the suggestion. I already have paper state maps as a backup.
Try these sites for route planning

Harley Davidson Routes

Motorcycle Routes

More Roads and Trips

Another one

A link from Honda

Lots of stuff to choose from. Start with these and a good GPS and you will have lots to choose from!

Ross

Try these sites for route planning

Harley Davidson Routes

Motorcycle Routes

More Roads and Trips

Another one

A link from Honda

Lots of stuff to choose from. Start with these and a good GPS and you will have lots to choose from!

Ross
Dang good post Ross! Saved this one..