Motovision bulbs

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Legal? Do they have a DOT label on them? Probably not if it's a UK site.

That said, still looks interesting and individual karmas may be healthy enough to take the hit for the increased lumens. :D

Orange light output is going to get you the attention of your local PD. I ran a similar bulb in my car. Great light output, definately makes you stand out, which is exactly what the officer told me when I was stopped.

USA DOT wants a white headlight. Bright yellow or orange isn't going to fly over here.

Orange light output is going to get you the attention of your local PD. I ran a similar bulb in my car. Great light output, definately makes you stand out, which is exactly what the officer told me when I was stopped.USA DOT wants a white headlight. Bright yellow or orange isn't going to fly over here.
You were stopped, but were you cited? If cited, what for?

I know you can't have "emergency vehicle" type lights, but just cause you are a "dirty" color does not seem citable to me. I can only think these would be illegal if they were TOO bright and created a hazard by blinding oncoming traffic.

The link also says it is 40% more white light.

If you want an orange/yellow light go drive an older car with the incandecant bulbs so you can't see crap.

Last edited by a moderator:
According to the web site the light output is white, but there is an orange glow to lamp while looking at it. Much like the blue glow on some of the high end cars. It would be nice to be noticed by the soccer mom, with a cell phone in her ear and a vanilla latte w/ sugar free syrup in her lap, about to turn left into your path.

How can a LEO argue against being safe?

Bill

How can a LEO argue against being safe?
Bill
Maybe something like this: a professor where I went to grad school was stopped by a LEO (state school = state police on campus) and asked for his ID. Smart ass prof. says what if I tell you that this is a voilation of my rights? LEO's response, "I will hit you with my billyclub". He got tp see the ID. 'Course that was down south, but you get the idea. :D BTW, knowing the prof I was rooting for the LEO!

Why stop at 40% more light? Osram already makes a "+50" bulb. No orange worries. I have them in mine. Ordered from the UK.

According to the web site the light output is white, but there is an orange glow to lamp while looking at it. Much like the blue glow on some of the high end cars. It would be nice to be noticed by the soccer mom, with a cell phone in her ear and a vanilla latte w/ sugar free syrup in her lap, about to turn left into your path.How can a LEO argue against being safe?

Bill
mmmmmmmmmmm latteeeeeee.... :dribble:

btw: i've been running the philips vision +50% and really like them.