Spring 2012 Tech Meet

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Auburn

Reaction score
Time for the Spring gathering, bench racing and tech day. Holding it a little later this Spring so those from the North and East have a better chance of being able to ride in.

Saturday April 14th at my house again. (If you haven't been here, PM me and I'll send you the address) Starting at 9 AM going until 5 PM.

EDIT: There will be a swap meet also. Bring your stuff you want to trade or sell.

Try to keep in mind if you are doing something that takes a lot of time, that it may not be the best place to do it. Some have tried to do a cruise control install for the first time and have not been able to finish.

Topics suggested so far are:

Grounding system

Tire changes (I have a No-Mar) for those who need to

TBS

PAIR system block off

Various electrical and electronic additions

Brake system flush - please RSVP this also (AuburnFJR, FJokeR07

Since there is a large demand in the area, a few of us are going to do our valve checks later and help others get theirs done during the tech meet. With that said, we are currently limiting the number of valve checks to 2. Sign ups are first come first serve (If someone has expertise with this and can assist others please PM me so we may be able to help 1 or 2 more)

Valve checks:

1. El Cajone (Gen II)

The valve check folks will need to be here early (8 AM ) so their bikes can cool down and get the bike stirped down and ready.

Bring pictures and DVD for bench racing in the movie room

If you are traveling some distance and need a place to stay, there are a couple of motels within 5 miles (La Quinta Inn and a Pepper Tree Best Western).

Lunch - snacks, hamburgers, hot dogs, salad and soda (please donate $5 to the cause), bring your own beverages for stronger stuff.

Attendees: (Please RSVP that you are coming for a head count on the food)

AuburnFJR & Mrs.

Niehart

Beamer Reamer & Mrs.

escapefjrtist

Hudson

Panman (+2)

Ahchiu

Barabus (& Mrs.?)

Dr. Rich

Speedyegg

Fontanaman

McRider007

Allrider

JamesW

Sportsguy

Speedyegg

Wingshot

Tom Edison

Makuna

El Cajone

Big Chunk

FJokeR07

n2osx (+4)

cjskack

Superfuzz (+1)

Seattle Ty

gbrmksmith

wabill

fjrwalker

kph

cruppelt

tommy J

DaBrit & Mrs.

SockMonkey

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm in. I've got a set of PAIR blocks that I've tried to install on my own but can't get the damn screws off due to locktite. I am still a bit young for a valve job (~21k) so wondering if it will be possible to replace plates without major valve surgery.

I have a couple more sets of the Pair System Block off plate's to throw in.

I have gotten everything done on my bike except suspending the bike to lube the suspension pivot's so I'll be free to help.

I'm in for 1, I can put some meat on the smoker/grill again.

Count me in!

Looking forward to seeing all y'all and gettin' some maintenance work completed before summer...all 3 weeks of it. ;)

--G

I'm in. I've got a set of PAIR blocks that I've tried to install on my own but can't get the damn screws off due to locktite. I am still a bit young for a valve job (~21k) so wondering if it will be possible to replace plates without major valve surgery.
Pair block-off plates are a cinch to install Speedy. A sharp allen wrench is the key to removing the screws. Bring'em along and we'll throw them on!

--G

1329972924[/url]' post='938295']
1329935925[/url]' post='938149']I'm in. I've got a set of PAIR blocks that I've tried to install on my own but can't get the damn screws off due to locktite. I am still a bit young for a valve job (~21k) so wondering if it will be possible to replace plates without major valve surgery.
Pair block-off plates are a cinch to install Speedy. A sharp allen wrench is the key to removing the screws. Bring'em along and we'll throw them on!

--G
Awesome. Looking forward to seeing how you are going to loosen these suckers.

--G
Awesome. Looking forward to seeing how you are going to loosen these suckers.
sharp allen as escapefjrtist said. We have done many here. Takes longer the get the tank up than to do the job. Since we are in there, you may want to change the spark plugs too.

I'll be there unless the bike sells. I'd like to change the fork oil.

I may change the front tire also.

I'll make sure the camera works this time. :eek: