Spring Tech Day...

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tom Edison

Let It Ride
Reaction score
First off, Nice to see everyone another great day with

great food and fellowship! :yahoo:

So it begins

only the toas knows:

Old English arriving

going deep

Big project ongoing

"I can't feel my elbow"

a great setting with a skill test access

Marissa makes some epicurean delights

Hardly a Harley man

new tires makes him smile

Lunch, don't mess with these guys chow

especially his

back at it

time to to head out

Great day, nice ride, many thanks to Brian and Merisa :clapping:

Last edited by a moderator:
That is one cool photo Tom!

DSC0009-L.jpg

Big thanks to Brian and Marissa for hosting PNW tech meet again, here are some pictures of our "Sunny" day.. :yahoo:

IMG_2801.JPG

IMG_2799.JPG

IMG_2800.JPG

IMG_2810.JPG

IMG_2844.JPG

IMG_2805.JPG

IMG_2819.JPG

The waiting room

IMG_2811.JPG

IMG_2812.JPG

IMG_2813.JPG

All balanced

IMG_2832.JPG

IMG_2814.JPG

IMG_2828.JPG

IMG_2833.JPG

No final drive problem?..humm

IMG_2806.JPG

No bike is to old for tech meet.

IMG_2807.JPG

Dave Greens "Hudson" new/old ride

IMG_2816.JPG

Ahh did you take notes??

IMG_2817.JPG

What did I get myself into?

IMG_2818.JPG

IMG_2815.JPG

IMG_2835.JPG

IMG_2843.JPG

No extra parts..that's a good sign.

IMG_2838.JPG

Lunch time!!

IMG_2839.JPG

IMG_2840.JPG

IMG_2842.JPG

Good George?

You Foookers!

Really - having a great time wid all de bros and bro'ettes and yet you don't ID who is who?

Fail! Epic Fail!

Oh, I get it, it's a *secret* club shared on the foooking Internets!? :unsure:

So tell me, I'm stoopid, and can prove it.. did Dr. Hudson get the Mighty M?

Yep. He even called me the night before to talk him out of buying it. I told him he already bought, he was just going to pick it up :lol: . It is a very clean sweet ride!

No pie shots?!? Great viddles at lunch, everyone was full and ready for an afternoon nap! :lol:

Glad our two historians got my best side, mostly. ;)

--G

From the 1956 Matchless Instruction Manual ...

It must be borne in mind however, that although of simple design and construction, it is nevertheless a highly specialized piece of engineering and must in consequence be intelligently and efficiently maintained in order to provide unfailing reliability.
My question is:

Why was this bike at a FJR Tech Day then??

This was my first tech meet and it was a blast. Many thanks to the hosts and all the great people I met. I learned a lot and had a great time.

From the 1956 Matchless Instruction Manual ...

It must be borne in mind however, that although of simple design and construction, it is nevertheless a highly specialized piece of engineering and must in consequence be intelligently and efficiently maintained in order to provide unfailing reliability.
My question is:

Why was this bike at a FJR Tech Day then??

And you should have seen the quips fly when it took two people to start it. Elk have to be in rut with the a blue moon, you have to be old to know how, etc, etc.

And everybody called the Matchless old, heck it is only one year newer than moi, damn.

It was a great tech day. Once again I learned a lot. This is not an event to miss. Very knowledgeable people and good times.

Thanks Bryan and Marissa to hosting this event. :yahoo: :yahoo:

Thanks for hosting Bryan and Marrisa! Great day! My friend Beamer friend Bob was impressed want to come again.

Stoped by the falls on the way.

DSCN4957.jpg

So much mist the tress are raining.

DSCN4956.jpg

The view from the top side.

DSCN4960.jpg

Street fighter any one?

DSCN4966.jpg

Headed home.

DSCN4975.jpg

Great day wish I could have visited more.

Wow, what a beautiful place...the house, the waterfall, the mountains. Color me jealous.

Looks like ya'll had a great time and nice weather to boot. Regretably (or not !) I was (and still am) in Mexico on vacation. I enjoy hanging out with my fellow FJR owners and even the spies from other brands (I see Harley, BMW and of course Hudson's Matchless) that were present at the gathering, but I'd still rather be here at the tip of the Baja peninsula lounging by the pool and soaking up the heat. I'm reading a cool book about the IBA and John Ryan (The man who would stop at nothing) while wasting the days away.

I only see one FJR opened up for valve checks and it looks like Kevins?

DSC0056-M.jpg

With cams still in place (and in time I hope) I'm assuming no valves needed adjustment at the tech day? I had dropped off my shim kit before I went out of town and was hoping someone could have the honor of "popping the cherry" on my unmolested shim kit. My check is overdue at 60,000 miles, so maybe I'll have to be the first one to use a shim.

Enough posting - time for nachos on the back deck. See ya'll when I get back in town.

Looks like ya'll had a great time and nice weather to boot. Regretably (or not !) I was (and still am) in Mexico on vacation. I enjoy hanging out with my fellow FJR owners and even the spies from other brands (I see Harley, BMW and of course Hudson's Matchless) that were present at the gathering, but I'd still rather be here at the tip of the Baja peninsula lounging by the pool and soaking up the heat. I'm reading a cool book about the IBA and John Ryan (The man who would stop at nothing) while wasting the days away.

I only see one FJR opened up for valve checks and it looks like Kevins?

DSC0056-M.jpg

With cams still in place (and in time I hope) I'm assuming no valves needed adjustment at the tech day? I had dropped off my shim kit before I went out of town and was hoping someone could have the honor of "popping the cherry" on my unmolested shim kit. My check is overdue at 60,000 miles, so maybe I'll have to be the first one to use a shim.

Enough posting - time for nachos on the back deck. See ya'll when I get back in town.
It was El Cajone's. Everything was in spec. No adjustments needed.

It was great seeing all the new FJR owners and certainly old friends. Carl, nice to see you back on the FJR. Thanks to everyone who lent a hand. My FJR didn't need anything, so working on the Matchless was just for fun.

Can't wait to get out and ride with y'all.

Awesome Tech Day as always and even better thanks to the fantastic hosts. Thanks again Bryan and Marissa for being outstanding hosts.

Thanks to escapefjrtist for the assistance and direction on the fork oil change.

Great to see old friends again and meet new ones.

Latest posts