2013 FJR - Product announced!

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NitroMan

Reaction score
If you can read German, here is the link to the Yamaha 2013 FJR1300A and AS sales brochure from Intermot 2012:

Click Me

Or here:

Click Me 2

Looks like cruise control has been added for sure ...

fjr1.jpg

fjr2.jpg

fjr3.jpg

fjr4.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Bustanut joker said:
Sorry for da blurry image.. You know how spy shots are.

47106_3449639251764_761030479_n.jpg
The release of the 2013 FJR will be delayed due to the recently reported worldwide bacon shortage.

She's got LED marker lights and TRACTION CONTROL in addition to CRUISE CONTROL, a NEW INSTRUMENT CLUSTER with an LCD speedo and that photo of the fairing was bang on, so much for the photoshop entusiasts here . . . . and the windshield now has a MEMORY FEATURE.

Horsepower is up slightly (3 HP at the crank) and torque is DOWN a bit.- the AE model still lives (at least in Europe).

I think I'll open up a new topic on the subject with this info.

She's got LED marker lights and standard TRACTION CONTROL in addition to CRUISE CONTROL, a NEW INSTRUMENT CLUSTER with an LCD speedo and that photo of the machine that's been cisculating was bang on, so much for the photoshop entusiasts here . . . . and the windshield now has a MEMORY FEATURE.

Horsepower is up slightly (3 HP at the crank) and torque is DOWN a bit.- the AE model still lives (at least in Europe). But she also still has a 5 speed transmission.

2013-Yamaha-FJR1300A-EU-Frosted-Blade-Action-004.jpg

2013-Yamaha-FJR1300A-EU-Frosted-Blade-Studio-001.jpg

It's hard to tell about some of the listed changes, they may be European only.

Big stuff:

Cruise control

Traction control (adjustable)

New dash design

Electronically adjustable suspension

Windshield with position memory

Heated grips

Questionable stuff

Redesigned headlight buckets with six LED positioning lights (running lights)

Increased HP (2.7 more) (when calculated it appears to me to be less torque than what we have today)

LED turn signals

New front face design to give 'a more sporty appearance'

Now to see how many of these things make it state side.

EDIT: I see that Bram' was posting the same info as I was typing. Need to type faster :lol:

I found much the same information on an Italian website (Google Translate is my friend). Nothing there to make me burn to replace my '07. Some neat stuff and definitely modernized a bit but I think they missed the competition boat when they didn't up the ante with the engine (1400) and gearbox (6 speed). If they had done those, I would be thinking about my NEXT bike. Not so much now.

Ross

Edit: MAybe this thread can come out of the NEPRT section since there is real information now.

Love it. Not replacing my 2008 but I think this looks great. Seems a bit of a cautious upgrade but I would prefer that then them ruining the bike.

I think with the styling changes (mostly cosmetic), the electronic do-dads etc., they have managed to refresh the FJR image to some extent. As it has been said, there is nothing terribly dramatic or unexpected. With the changes they elected to make, I think I can manage to live with my '07 for a few more years.

I am afraid they missed the boat by not keeping up with the Jonses in terms of engine displacement (1400 cc) and gearbox (6 speed). I'm not saying that I (or most FJR riders) NEED these things; just that what they have done may not be enough to regain share in the sport-touring market.

Is it too early to speculate on 2014 model year? (Just kidding; I don't want to torpedo this thread before it even gets started!)

Ross

Hmm, maybe time to upgrade from my '03.

Translated text from the link posted above:

Intro

After a near standstill since the arrival of the technical model AS in 2006, the Yamaha FJR 1300, launched in 2001 its first version, finally gets a change more profound than in 2013. If the general base, engine and chassis is resumed, many things change. A new generation of Yamaha FJR 1300 which should allow the manufacturer to return at the forefront of the GT category. Certainly, the brand with tuning forks never squandered away the competition, but brands like Kawasaki GTR 1400 with, but mostly BMW took a step ahead in technology. Also, having succeeded in imposing his Yamaha FJR 1300 in the administrative market doubled from a business career quite remarkable, Yamaha is strengthening its offensive on its flagship GT 2013. Detail it.

Energized line, protection refined

The aesthetic gains a new more dynamic fairing. Yamaha FJR 1300 2013 model appears more slender, with a rear refined. The front part always seems so "fleshy", but the whole exudes a strong sense of renewal. The fairing has been re designed to enhance the protection, either for the upper body such as the feet. The bubble, completely re-designed features new vents that are designed to reduce turbulence often suffered GT, especially when the windshield is adjusted to its highest point. With a new mechanism, electric windshield back twice as fast as its predecessor with. The headlights are now equipped with LEDs, as well as indicators. Sitting at the controls of the new Yamaha FJR 1300, the driver discovers a whole new world: new stalks and dashboard multifunction three screens. There regain speed, engine speed, time, level of gasoline ... as well as information about new vehicle technologies.

To build a new electronic approval

Rather than designing a brand new motor - transmission, Yamaha has chosen to capitalize on its expertise and technologies already mastered a choice shy? Rather a wise choice that should benefit reliability. Thus, the throttle gains control electronic expensive Yamaha. The YCC-T Yamaha Chip Controlled Throttle, can gain flexibility. The accelerator control central unit which continuously analyzes the action on the throttle and control the injection his way to deliver power. The YCC-T also allows you to control consumption. The performance gain to 2.7 ch. The arrival of the YCC-T has added traction control (TCS), disconnectable necessary, as well as the D-mode or different engine maps to choose from. Via a stalk, it is possible to switch from T (Tourism) Mode S (Sport), to enjoy a more or less dynamic engine. All these innovations are already in the catalog of Yamaha motorcycles like the Super Ténéré XTZ 1200 or the Yamaha YZF R1.

Electronic suspension reserved for FJR 1300 AS 2013

Significant on a GT, cruise control appeared in control of the new Yamaha FJR 1300 2013 whose engine has been reworked. The cylinder block is new, and it enjoys a veneer ceramics for better heat dissipation. The throttle bodies have been re drawn while the exhaust has been redesigned and has included two catalysts instead of four. Yamaha has chosen to continue the experiment on his FJR AS, version with a clutch electronic assistance. The YCC-S (Yamaha Chip Controlled Shift) can shift gears without using the clutch lever or selector. Yamaha announced that it has significantly refined its operation in 2013, with a more instinctive handling and faster. Also, you can choose to change gear selector on the handlebar or without pre-select their choice as before.

The new "Stop Mode" causes the downshift of the first moto until automatically when it reaches a low speed. But the Yamaha FJR 1300 AS 2013 also has other singularities. It has an inverted fork with hydraulic settings are distributed within each sleeve (compression left trigger right) as the Yamaha YZF R1. But the Yamaha FJR 1300 AS also has an electronic control system of the suspensions. Via the left stalk, it is possible to select the following settings: solo, solo with luggage, duo, duet with luggage, then, via sub menus, it will be possible to refine these first four settings by a soft mode, standard or hard. There's something for everyone!

Thus equipped, the new Yamaha FJR 1300 AS creates a gap therefore a technological point of view with the standard FJR 1300 A, and this should also be reflected in the sale price, even if the fee schedules are still kept secret

RadioHowie, Bustanut joker and Papa Chuy Viejo are buying new FJR's when they make the beer can holders and "Auto Sucks" standard factory equipment; and we each get a free blowjob from Heidi Klum! jes' sayin' and nuff' said!

Heidi-Klum-workout-routine.jpg

Looks like they've fixed a few things and added some goodies, but still the same FJR... which is a good thing! Kinda like the new iPhone, better, but nothing worth getting excited about. Figure my replacement '07 should be good for the next decade.

What I don't get is why they would restrict the upgrades to the suspension to the AE/AS?

Makes no sense, unless it really isn't a better suspension, just more expensive?

Some good stuff added, To bad the A does not come with the Inverted forks like the AS.

Not a big fan of E suspension adjustment. Gen 2's at least my 08 were hard on fork bushings.

Latest posts