My 2013 FJR has arrived.....

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fairlaner

The Bartender Whisperer
Reaction score
So i just got home with it and you may ask how i liked it......Well let me tell you i fucking love it...The cruise control is instant, the heat on your legs os none existent, the dash is amazing, the seat is the same uncomfortable POS, the suspension actually felt really good, the difference between touring and sport modes was very noticeable, i rode almost all the way home in touring mode and found it quite relaxing. when i switched it over to sport mode on teh freeway and gave it a hand full it felt just like it should feel.

In short its a hit in my book.

I am sure you have questions so fire away.

here are a few pictures.

file-1.jpg

file.jpg

file-2.jpg

file-5.jpg

This is the screen you get when you turn it on.....

file-3.jpg

This is what you get when you turn it off, i am hoping you can change this and have some fun with it....

file-4.jpg

R

Last edited by a moderator:
Meh....... Just another POS Gen III. I should start a pool - What is going to fail first?

BASTARD!!!!

:fuck:

Can't wait to get her alone and hide some boogers on her. :)

Are the seats interchangeable from previous Gens?

Will existing mirror mount aux light brackets work on this new one?

Tail rack the same? So Smuggler and Givi topbox racks will work the same?

What kind of info can you put in the info display? How does that work? Programmable/selectable?

How do heated grips work?

Congrats ya wanker!

So are you still using the dealer's setup on the forks? Interesting review because I know your opinion of Gen I and II suspension wasn't that high. Nice to see a 2013 in the hands of someone who will give a real road test and an objective opinion. :rolleyes:

Hearty Congratulations Richard, your new moto is truly stunning! Just one question: You aren't going to put a motorcycle that gorgeous on that worn out linoleum are you?

Richard, thanks for putting this on the forum. I will be sending your post to my wife.

Yesterday, while driving the 210 thru the LA area she asked me how old I would be next summer. I told her and she said, "then maybe you should get yourself a new bike, probably your last." A 2013 or 2014 sound pretty good after your quick review.

Jer

Sweet!!!!! Sweet, love the dash. Looks like the front fairing is different. Not crazy about the flat black front fender. You'll get loads of enjoyment from her.

If you take of your gas tank label, there's a guy on here that wants to buy.

What'll take fer that ol red Ford in the garage?

:)

Nice lookin bike there. Here's wishing you many happy miles an smiles...

Congrats on the new bike!

A few questions - How does it look for access to the battery, including removal of plastics to get to it? How about removal of lower side fairing panels?

Same lame horns from Yamaha? Room for some better ones in the stock horn locations?

Curious, Did you happen to see what rpm's while running at interstate speeds, compared to your previous FJR?

Congrats!

I happen to think that front fender looks pretty good and integrated with the whole bike scheme. Of course Richard will probably paint it with the graphic of the British Flag and ruin it. :D

Let us know if it has a cat in the muffler, too. ;)

EDIT: Does it still do wheelies? OM wants to know.

I have no questions that haven't already been asked. I will say though, your pics make her look more delicious than any of the promo pics I've seen.

I think OM will be PMing ya to see if he can buy that sticker off of ya... :D

If anyone around here figures out how to do that, Richard, there's gonna be all kinds of fun being had with you, methinks! :lol:

This is what you get when you turn it off, i am hoping you can change this and have some fun with it....

file-4.jpg

R

Bike looks great. Im thinking of swapping my 2005 for one. Could you give me some reasons to trade other then I really want a new bike? Any other colors available? Looks great for sure.

ed

Latest posts