New Technical service bulletin on FJR's 03-07

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

un4gvn

Reaction score
There is a new Technical service bulletin out on 2003 through 2007 FJR1300's with the touring trunk installed. The bulletin is to reinforce the base that the trunk mounts to due to it fracturing. TSB# m2007-013.

That is all.

Last edited by a moderator:
They've finally caught up to a couple posts on the Euro board about three / four years ago about the same problem ! :rolleyes:

They've finally caught up to a couple posts on the Euro board about three / four years ago about the same problem ! :rolleyes:
YAMAHA & speed involving problems with their product?.....your kidding right HIGHLANDER! :blink: ....just a joke, correct :unsure: ....

There is a new Technical service bulletin out on 2003 through 2007 FJR1300's with the touring trunk installed. The bulletin is to reinforce the base that the trunk mounts to due to it fracturing. TSB# m2007-013.
That is all.
Unforgiven

I ran a Google search and came up with zip. Do you happen to have a link for this TSB?

Thanks

Stef

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for the info un4gvn. I finally bought the trunk for my 05 last month without realizing I couldn't get the attachment plate. I was beginning to wonder if Yamaha was going to bring replacement attachment plates to the market for 03-05. It's good to see Yamaha fixing this issue finally.

I dont have a link for it, but I work for a Yamaha dealer and the bulletin just released in the Yamaha dealer website. Dealers usually receive the printed copy about a week after it shows up on the dealer system. If I was anygood at copying from Adobe and posting it here, I would post it up...On second thought, I will try................

OK, best I could do:

FJR Bulletin

Great stuff Un4givn, I appreciate it :clapping:

Stef

I dont have a link for it, but I work for a Yamaha dealer and the bulletin just released in the Yamaha dealer website. Dealers usually receive the printed copy about a week after it shows up on the dealer system. If I was anygood at copying from Adobe and posting it here, I would post it up...On second thought, I will try................

OK, best I could do:

FJR Bulletin

Your best is great..... My trunk is cracked on the base :dribble: and it's nice to know it is covered by Yamaha!!!!! :yahoo:

I'll be in touch with my dealer Monday.. I can imagine it will be a while before replacement parts are available!! :huh: :blink:

Thanks so much.. This is what I was waiting for!!! B)

LC :clapping:

Your best is great..... My trunk is cracked on the base :dribble: and it's nice to know it is covered by Yamaha!!!!! :yahoo:
I'll be in touch with my dealer Monday.. I can imagine it will be a while before replacement parts are available!! :huh: :blink:

That's what you get for riding your bike at "ludicrous" speed.

Din't yew noe yewer s'posed tuh jump tuh lite speed soes yew din't cause alla them prollems with thuh wind buffet on thuh back'a yer murdersickle? Whooee, boy, yew gotta git upta speed on this hyar stuff!

That's what you get for riding your bike at "ludicrous" speed.

Din't yew noe yewer s'posed tuh jump tuh lite speed soes yew din't cause alla them prollems with thuh wind buffet on thuh back'a yer murdersickle? Whooee, boy, yew gotta git upta speed on this hyar stuff!
That's what I get for following (trying to follow) MM2! :dribble: I was kinda looking forward to a new "GIVI" with fancy turn LED's. But I wasn't looking forward to paying for one. Not with the group buy coming up for the Soltek's coming up!!

So much to do to get ready for WFO-6.

LC

That is all.
Thanks for the information. The base of my '06 topcase cracked a couple of months ago. I took it in recently and the dealer in Roseville, CA is attempting to replace it with a new one. However, after waiting for over a month now, I dropped by the dealer yesterday to inquire on the status of backordered trunks. Apparently, the topcases are made in Europe, and the factory has sent new topcases to Yamaha four or five times. In each case, Yamaha deemed the "new and improved" cases as unsatisfactory and sent them back. At this time, their is no estimated time in Yamaha's parts computer system for availability of these trunks. I asked the dealer if they would refund my money and they said that would not be a problem. There was no mention of the Tech Bulletin or the reinforcement plate kits by the dealer......I am grateful for the information you posted. I will be sure to drop by the dealer and give him a copy of the Tech Bulletin! Thanks again!

Shad 48 anyone?!

OK, best I could do:

FJR Bulletin
THANK YOU - THANK YOU - THANK YOU - !!!!!!

This info is appreciated very much!!

You-da-man...

Thanks for the info. That was great. Now I know why the turnk for my 07 is taking so long to ship. They must be trying to work the bugs out.

I have aleady had to have Yammy warranty my trunk because the base flexed so bad the bottom of the trunk smacked down onto the tail section below it and busted the bottom out under the locking latch. I ended up drilling a hole thru the base plate and down thru the tail sec right in front of the hole in the plate where the sliding latch hooks the box onto the plate.,and bolted the two together with a tapered head SS bolt. this took about 80% of the shake out of the trunk. My dealer took pics and told Yammy what I had to do to remedy the shake problem ,so if this rack fixes that problem, I am going to have my service guy lobby for a new tail sec for mine also.

This is really good news. I will see about taking this to my dealer tomorrow.