Bags...?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Do you ride with your hard bags on

• 100% never take them off.

Votes: 1 14.3%
  • More on than off.

Votes: 2 28.6%
  • Only on long trips.

Votes: 3 42.9%
  • My bags have never seen the sun.

Votes: 1 14.3%

• Total voters

khrome

Reaction score
I am curious how most of you ride the majority of the time.

khrome

Much nicer to ride without them barbells back there. I use a cortech sport tail bag for my around-town junk carrying requirements.

With no helmet lock, that's where the lid goes if I stop. And, ya never know when you might drop in at Wal-Mart for two 2-liter cokes, two 12-packs of soda cans, a 300-oz laundry detergent, 2 loaves of bread, some shampoo, toothpaste, dog food, and a coupla magazines. Between the side bags and the E52 top case, I wasn't even close to having to take something back in to return it.

Ohh, u mean tailbags. Almost all the time. Helmit, groceries, junk, and 300 oz laundry detergent.

On 99% of the time. They each seem to hold a 12 pack of Corona just perfectly. Conicidence? I think not :)

Keep mine off unless I know that I'm going to need them for something. Most of my local rides are for fun, so no need for them. Though, they make great suit bags for the business trips.

The bike is sooooo much easier to pick up when it has the bags on...

(er so I've heard)

Ride without them 85% of the time. On for long or weekend trips or if I know I have something to pick up bigger than will fit in the tank bag. For daily work commuting, the tank bag carries what I need most of the time.

khrome
Actually what you need is a "Only when I'm carrying something that I can't bungee to the passenger seat."

I generally put mine on when I need to carry my laptop or expect to have to store my riding gear when I'm off the bike.

Rancho

After my tip-over and having to replace one of the bags, I only have them on the bike when I'm on a long trip. Otherwise, the Shad 48 topcase swallows up a lot of stuff and is not vulnerable in a tip-over.

khrome

I have ridden only a handful of times without the bags. I'm finding that I prefer the loosk of ALL THREE bags on when I ride. Am I getting old?