• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to FJRForum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Helmet Lock Brackets

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TownsendsFJR1300

Reaction score
These helmet lock brackets allow for the bolting up of Helmet Guardian lock assemblies to either side of your FJR. Made of aluminum, these brackets are very easy to install, are very secure, look stock and work with the bags on or off.

No drilling or modifications to the bike. Helmets do not touch the mufflers. Lock assemblies NOT included. $30.00/pair plus S&H (in USA).

For more pictures of lock installed please e-mail me direct at: [email protected].

GEN 1 ONLY:

Last edited by a moderator:
Scott,

Thanks for the quick email. I'm sending you a check for $32. Thanks in advance.

Mike

Just wanted to mention that I have installed the brackets that are mentioned here-one of the best additions to the FJR. With the brackets, the helmets rest on the driver's footpeg.

It's a nice, clean look, like they were put there at the factory.

I received mine yesterday. Although I haven't installed mine yet, I must say they are VERY professional looking. Professionally packed and fast shipping. Thanks again Scott, looking forward to them.

Mike

Can you post a couple pictures of what they look like mounted? Where do they go? Just looking for a lil more info.

OK, can anyone who knows anything about these provide any information or pictures??? Where does it mount, how does it mount? The seller has only 2 posts to his credit and although interested, there is no info about what they are, what they are made of, where they go, how they mount. ...... you know, the stuff you kinda wanna know before sending someone your cache.

PM me with your email addy's, I'll be more than happy to send out a couple pics. As for Scott's reputation, I don't know him personally, but I'd say he's awesome! I sent him a personal check for the brackets, I recevied the brackets a couple days after he got the check. I bet it wasn't 6 days total. They are aluminum brackets, about 1/8" thick, powdercoated black. Made specifically to fit the helmet guardian locks, but as he states, I'm sure other locks will work as well. They mount to the large hex socket bolt just above the riders footpegs, 7-8". Very easy install. It took longer to get the helmet guardian off than it did to install Scott's brackets. Again, I'm quite pleased with his product. Thanks Scott!

Mike

Any more info on this?

and Mike I sent you an email.

.......aloha, Kathlene

Mike... am getting an error

We're sorry...

...due to a high volume of page requests, this Webshots page is not available right now.

If you are looking for a photo, it is possible that the photo has moved or no longer exists.

I was unable to post any pictures earlier however this is a picture a Helmet Guardian bolted onto the right side of my 2004 model... The left side bolts up in exactly the same area, just on the other side. It also fits the 2005 model.. As stated earlier, please e-mail me direct at [email protected] for further information..

A DIFFERENT STYLE bracket for the 2006 THRU 2017 models (including the ES model is NOW available Thanks, Scott

2006 and up:

ES models:

Below picture is that of a Helmet Gaurdian lock assembly and bracket bolted to a 2010 model.

(Now available ONLY in frame matching silver).

Different style mount, same general area, right side only.. The mounting bolt is now an allen head, stainless steel bolt with a stainless steel locking nut. Not visable is clear 3M material on the inside of the bracket to prevent marring to the frame. This bracket is also made of

aluminum...

No modifications to the bike, easy install.. Again for further information, please e-mail me direct at [email protected].. Thanks, Scott

Post updated 2-10-15