Harley Bites The Dust

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

teerex51

The Italian Scallion
Reaction score
Check out this sequence.

How not to be cool on a Hog.

harley_looking%20good.jpg

harley_not%20looking%20good.jpg

harley_going%20down.jpg

Ouch!
That's gonna leave a mark!
... on the pavement.

Final thoughts:

"Yo, dude, s'up? Bitchin' King, huh?"

"Oh shit, wait, I got it! Shit! Fuck! Not the chrome!"

"Cool! Fixed that tattoo I had with the exes name on it.. Awe, man, lookit the chrome."

Last edited by a moderator:
[SIZE=14pt]WOW! [/SIZE] Did you shoot that? What's the story?

The front wheel appears to be stopped in the second photo, and all wheels spinning everywhere else. Lot's of sparks but I can't tell if they are from the floorboard or hard parts. With no technical expertise I'll start the chat with "over his head but okay, got scared, used front brake, lock, skid, fucked".

Experts, what say?? :graduate:

Is he actually pointing at the cameraman while going through the turn in the first pic???? what a moron.

At least he's protected by that brain bucket on his head (yeah right)... bet the skin grafts were pretty painful. Sure looks like chrome sparks up something fierce...

If there are any pictures that could be used as a reason to dress correctly these would have to be it. There are times that I would also like to dress a little more casually, but these pictures remind me why if something happens you want to be dressed correctly. And also to use some common sense when going through the twisties.

Devanator

Nine out of ten Harley dudes think he looks cool. The other one's dead.

OUCH...that had to hurt even with his helmet on. Remind me NOT to do that when I get to Deal's Gap.

Tom

The most effective method to date for removing the chicken strips on a Hardley Ableson. :D

I used to have Road King. One of the reasons I got rid of it was because you couldn't lean AT ALL! on that bike. Of course, that was only one of the reasons. It really didn't feel at all like riding a bike, but more like sitting in a cage. Looks to me like he leaned in late (the bike really is a HOG and doesn't like to turn at all) because he was busy posing for the camera; squeezed the front brake and kept leaning and maybe lightened the front wheel(?) which would immediately lead to lockup and then the big getoff. Anyway, OUCH! That's big money being ground down. And, all his accountant buds will now see him screwing up. Harley riders have changed over the years...they say average income over $70k now. Anyway, they look cool sitting in the parking lot. Don't hate me for saying so, but Harleys are at their best when static IMHO (as a former owner). Now, I only have the '05 FJR which seems to lean a wee bit better than the Harley!

Hope this doesn't seem like laughing at the misfortune of another. Not intended as such. I do like to generally laugh at Harley guys though (tongue-in-cheek) because of the general "too cool for school" attitude about all things Harley. Seems to me it ought to be about the ride, not so much what you ride.

Good catch on the front wheel lock-up, Rat! I had an '02 RK Classic, too. That biotch would scrape all the time. Worse was the chassis flex - in fact that was the nickname I bestowed upon it, the Flexible Flyer.

His corner entry is all wrong most likely because he's eyeballin' the photog. Isn't one of the photogs on 'The Dragon' some hottie? It was prolly her he was ogling. Or, it was Bush's fault!

A.) That's why I got rid of my Roady.

B.) Floorboards ARE hardparts. I know! Call them SKIDPLATES.

C.) I don't think the front wheel stopped, good photography not good brakes.

D.) Pointing at the camera is easy when your are only going 5 in the

curve. I was following some of these guys and yes, I was going one handed

and motioning to photographers. When you're Harley is holding up the

minivans, you can practically go no handed. Yawn.

E.) Doubt he got all that hurt, and probably too numb to care.

F.) FUNNY! (in a sad sadistic way, of course...)

Thanks to KILLBOY.COM for sharing the pics like this regularly on their

website. And thanks to TEE for bringing them for us to enjoy!

I ,too,have a Road King Classic and I can ride it fairly briskly if I work at it-it takes a LOT of hanging-off!.

If you look carefully at picture 2,you can see that his right "crash guard" is hard on the ground and has unloaded his front wheel.I think it is stopped as the sequence is too short to allow the camera to reset its shutter speed.

The guy is too cool for his own good,not properly dressed (I bet he lost a bunch of skin!) and not skilled at bike handeling.