2007 Bag Liners

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

What year bike did you purchase?

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

MrTwisty

Reaction score
I purchased a 2007 FJR last June and I did not get bag liners with it. I contacted the dealer and they said that the bag liners came on '05 and '06 models, but are a $99.95 option on the '07.

I searched every way I could think of, but found no reference.

Is that true?

Last edited by a moderator:
He's a fibber. Seems one or two dealers try this trick each year.

I purchased a 2007 FJR last June and I did not get bag liners with it. I contacted the dealer and they said that the bag liners came on '05 and '06 models, but are a $99.95 option on the '07.

Is that true?

This is the first I've heard of it - however, when I checked on the Yamaha web site - it lists the bag liners as accessories - and this wasn't the case for the 06's.

Ymamama Bag liners

Let's wait for other 07 owners to chime in -

It was included on 07s as well. Dealer is full of it. There has apparently been some "issue" with the 07 liners. One of mine ripped down a seam with very little use. When I returned it to the dealer for warranty, they argued it being an accessory also. But if you have them look it up on their "hard parts" list, they will see it is indeed included as part of the bike.

However, the part number has recently been changed, probably due to a different manufacturer or spec for the liners.

Is that true?
They came with my 05 and my new 07 that I picked up back in January. I think he is running scam and selling them on Ebay if you do not take them for 99.00. I would also contact Yamaha about it and put presser on the dealer. My dealer told me that they came with the bike. When the bike hits the dealer the bags are in the side cases from the factory.

Randy

Thanks guys. I'll contact Yamaha tomorrow and see if I can get my liners.

Have a Merry Christmas!

Yup, Came with my 07 & never saw any $99 fine print. I'd force the sucka' to give em to ya or better yet post his info and we'll all start callin' him!

I just sent my "stealer" a nasty little e-mail. I WILL get my bag liners one way or another!

I'll let ya'll know how it turns out.

Thanks again,

Mike

I didn't know they were included until I opened one of the side cases and found them there. Got 'em. They are included in the purchase price, no if's, and's, or but's. As was mentioned above, Jill Hobbs, Customer Satisfaction Division Manager, Yamaha Motors-Irvine, CA, would probably like to know. They're super keen on "customer satisfaction".

Hmmm. I questioned the guy I purchased my '06 from (used) and he said the bike (Canadian) didn't come with liners but they were available as an accessory. I think he's trustworthy but I'm not positive. There are always liners available on ebay from sellers who move fairly large numbers of items. Seems pretty suspicious to me.

Hmmm. I questioned the guy I purchased my '06 from (used) and he said the bike (Canadian) didn't come with liners but they were available as an accessory. I think he's trustworthy but I'm not positive. There are always liners available on ebay from sellers who move fairly large numbers of items. Seems pretty suspicious to me.
They are not standard in Canada.

They are not standard in Canada.

That's good. At least it's good that the guy I bought it from wasn't bull shitting me or ripped off by a dealer whom he has bought many a bike through. I picked a set up off ebay a short while back. They showed up missing one of the two cool shoulder straps but the seller sent the other one along after he "found it in his closet". Curiously is was slightly different then the first one. :blink: BTW, they are $130.00 from the dealer here, and our dollar is par with the green back. <_<

Status
Not open for further replies.