CRANK IT UP!!!!!!!!!

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Warchild

Benevolent Dictator
Reaction score
TURN UP YOUR SPEAKERS!!!!! :punk: :punk: :punk:

YoshInstalledwith%20Cowlings.jpg

Yeeaah, baby!! ;) Sounds awesome!! My FJR on the hand sounds, uh, <ahem> anemic by comparison... :(

Welp, thot thar sounds akin to me pappy's Massey Ferguson a'when she's idlin', but udder 'an 'at, thot thar sounds miiiiiiighty purty! Kinda squeals raht nice now, dun'nit?

:good:

FOCK!!!! Sproing!!

Sounds like it might accelerate jes a little if someone has a twitchy wrist.

Last edited by a moderator:
As awesome as this baby sounds now.... it's with the "dB Killer" baffle still installed!! :blink: :blink: :blink: :blink:

I'm going to leave it in, too.... I don't want the noise, and I definitely don't want the extra attention that taking the baffle out would bring.

When riding a bike like this, stealth is your friend... . :assassin:

As awesome as this baby sounds now.... it's with the "dB Killer" baffle still installed!! :blink: :blink: :blink: :blink:
I'm going to leave it in, too.... I don't want the noise, and I definitely don't want the extra attention that taking the baffle out would bring.

When riding a bike like this, stealth is your friend... . :assassin:

Of course you're right. But you could still put a little taste of it spud-less up on U Tube...

I like the the chrome, but if he wants more black-black chrome the heat shield and the brackets. Not shure if the cover on the nose comes off.
The cover of the nose does not come off.

Too, I'm not willing to have the bike down long enough to take off the mid-pipe and ship it off to be black-chromed.

When I re-pack the canister, I'll powder-coat the canister straps, heat shield and hangar bracket straps, and leave the rest alone, most likely.

Yoshimura recommends a very discouraging short period between re-packing... only 5000 miles. :blink: That's not going to cut it for what I have planned for the bike. We'll have to see how this goes.... :unsure:

Looks sweet on the bike! Pretty snarly, baffle or no it doesn't sound like a good Denver County bike eh, ...better take the Feejer to NAFO? The local constabulary would be waiting in line!

WC,

You said somewhere that you were not interested in installing a PC as you didn't want to take the fuel milage hit. :blink: The PC III can be mapped to do whatever you want it to do. It does not have to richen up the low RPM's so much as to raise fuel consumption. In theory, since you now are without catalytics, you should be able to hang on the lean side of the stoichiometric ratio (14.7:1) and achieve a INCREASE in fuel economy. The '08 AQ standards force the mfg's to go so lean they cost efficiency to achieve the required low emissions.

I have to say that is the best matched aftermarket system to an application that I've seen.

Latest posts