Need 06 Windscreen Attachment Assistance

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

painman

Reaction score
Looking for any info that would assist in tightening the bolts that hold the 06 windscreen in place. The left stantion is a little loose on the "W" shaped bracket and the fasteners on the vertical piece on the inside of the shield are round shaped and don't see a way to secure them. I've never seen any fasteners like these. The outside is covered by the painted bracket and I don't want to mess with the paint on this. Anyone have an idea? Thanks, PM. <>< :blink:

If you find out anything, please post it here. Mine is a bit loose as well, and as I haven't been able to get a service manual for the '06 yet, I can't figure out how to tighten this. Looks like you have to take the painted W cover off the front, as I can see screw heads underneath it. I just can't figure out how to get the painted cover off and don't want to damage anything. :bigeyes:

Windshield.jpg

There are 2 small allen bolts at the bottom of the windshield (from the front looking up) you have to remove first (the black circles show where). then the panel slides up then out. Got my Cee Baileys today. They said it would fit 06, they were wrong. Not even close, goes back tomorrow.

There are 2 small allen bolts at the bottom of the windshield (from the front looking up) you have to remove first (the black circles show where). then the panel slides up then out. Got my Cee Baileys today. They said it would fit 06, they were wrong. Not even close, goes back tomorrow.
Are the '06 windscreen bolts still nylon? They look metal to me.

Thanks Borrec for that info. I've been away from the computer today and will check out the removal tomarrow. And TC, I'm pretty sure the bolts are metal with round fasteners. Go figure. Didos, PM. <>< :D

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts