EXpress Toll & EZ-Pass

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

squeezer

Squirrelly Geezer
Reaction score
It looks like the EXpress Toll system for automatic tolls on E-470 around Denver is not compatible with EZ-Pass or I-Pass systems us Easterners use -- at least, now that I've finally gotten around to looking it up, I can't find anything that says they are.

Anybody know about that for sure?

It looks like the EXpress Toll system for automatic tolls on E-470 around Denver is not compatible with EZ-Pass or I-Pass systems us Easterners use -- at least, now that I've finally gotten around to looking it up, I can't find anything that says they are.
Anybody know about that for sure?
I travel around the US and have asked EXpress Toll about compatability. Unfortunately nothing is compatible with our E-470 toll system here.

In regards to motorcycles & paying tolls I pulled this FAQ off their web site...

https://www.e470.com/

Questions about motorcycles on E-470?

E-470's toll rate is based on the number of axles of a vehicle, not weight or vehicle type. Therefore, motorcycles pay the same toll as all other 2 axle vehicles. All motorcycles are expected to stop and pay at each mainline toll plaza as well as any entrance/exit ramps unless they are a valid EXpressToll customer.

EXpressToll motorcycle customers are provided with a windshield transponder that can be placed in a saddle bag or pocket. We do not suggest mounting the transponder as it can be easily removed and it is not equipped to endure all types of weather conditions. There are also several products on the market for mounting transponders on motorcycles.

What do I do if I do not have exact change or EXpressToll at a ramp exit?

If you do not have exact change or EXpressToll at the unattended ramp locations, proceed through the lane. A toll violation notice will be mailed within three days of the unpaid transaction.

Upon receipt of the toll violation notice, you will have the ability to pay the unpaid toll via the internet or calling the customer service center at 303-537-3470 option 1 (or out of area at 1-888-946-3470 option 1) within 20 days for the amount of the toll only. After the 20th day, when a final toll violation notice is required to be mailed, you can make that payment for the amount of the toll and administrative fee. Only when the toll violation is heard in the Administrative Law Court and the alleged violator is found liable for the toll, will the toll, administrative fee, and civil penalty be assessed along with court costs.

Latest posts