Goodbye Andre

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Silver Penguin

Silver Penguin
Reaction score
It is with sadness that I share the news that Andre Espaillat (2WheelTiger) has lost his battle with the complications of Multiple Myeloma. He died in the arms of his husband Ed, at 4:21 this afternoon.

Over the last month or so, Andre has had a lung removed, in the hope of containing a fungal infection. He had a tracheostomy, and then a lot of problems weaning from the sedation.

This is his Blog

Rest in peace Andre.

Goodbye Andre. Thank you for your kindness. You will be missed by many.

Last edited by a moderator:
This Biker Heaven poem is from V-Twin magazine and I always loved it. Rest in Peace Andre and Feel The Wind in Heaven!

Can you feel the wind in Heaven

Can you hear me call your name

Can you see the tears that fall

This world wont ever be the same

When we gather in our group

Can you hear the sound of silence

When we look where you once stood.

Can you hear the ladies cry

Can you feel our broken hearts

When we have to say goodbye

While the men hold back the tears

Leather clad and watery eyes

And know we’d rather have you here

I hope there is a Biker Heaven

And we will meet again someday

I hope to feel the wind in Heaven

And shake your hand again that day

For Sporty Bob

Taken too soon

By The Picture Guy

[email protected]

Web vtwinbiker.com

dougbarber.com

I really liked Andre. He was gay, and this forum, for the most part, is anti-gay. So I found myself in the curious position of really liking Andre for his being, and felt badly about all the anti-gay bashing on this forum. Yet I did not have the courage to stand up for him.

This now, really makes me sad.

Any services info?

God Bless, Andre.

I really liked Andre. He was gay, and this forum, for the most part, is anti-gay. So I found myself in the curious position of really liking Andre for his being, and felt badly about all the anti-gay bashing on this forum. Yet I did not have the courage to stand up for him.
This now, really makes me sad.

Any services info?

God Bless, Andre.
I'm sure his husband Ed will post up details on Facebook. Or at the very least it will be on Andre's site that Jill has listed as his blog here.

I am sure one of us will post it here when we know.

Any services info?

I'm sure his husband Ed will post up details on Facebook. Or at the very least it will be on Andre's site that Jill has listed as his blog here.

I am sure one of us will post it here when we know.
Ed is very active on Facebook, using Andre's account as well as his own. If I see details there, I'll post them here.

I've never had the pleasure of meeting Andre, although we did chat a fair bit via FaceBook. Many forum members have met him, and have memories of happier times. Would you take a moment to recall those times? Andre's husband Ed sent me the following note;

Thank you for letting the FJR Forum know about Andre. If they want to send me some stories about Andre, can you please give them my email address: [email protected]. I would appreciate hearing anything about my husband.

Ed loved Andre deeply and is hurting right now. Perhaps some pleasant memories might help him in the dark days ahead.

Andre sent me a few PMs while I was being evaluated for possible cancer....always encouraging. He had mentioned during the winter and spring of his wanting to go to CFR. I knew he was in rough shape and that's one reason he was not able to attend.

Andre, I'm sorry I did not get to thank you in person for your warmheartedness.

Godspeed.

Last edited by a moderator:
I had a few "chats" with Andre.

He gave tips on racing and we chatted on his attempt to start a business.

I teased him on the gayness aspect and we joked at the narrowminded view people take on issues.

Godspeed Andre and my condolances to Ed

It sucks that another good person is gone too soon.

God speed Andre, enjoy the twisties where ever you are.

Sad news. Andre was able to attend one of the Tech days at AuburnFJR's place...Glad I was able to meet him and share his experiences.

RIP Andre.

--G

Status
Not open for further replies.