Short Ride Report

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

juniorfjr

Reaction score
Went home at lunch today, the sun had broken through the clouds and it was 45 degrees. The city has started cleaning the dirt off of the streets, so I rode the 2 miles back to work. End of ride report.

God, it was great. :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo: She's been in the garage on a tender since early October. :yahoo: :yahoo:

It's gettin close boys!! LowandSilent was already out day before yesterday in that frog drownder you had. He is going out again this weekend I think. The roads here are still covered in chloride and sand. We need a couple of good spring rains.... That and the weather is still so flaky that you can hit black ice in certain spots. But it is coming! Ah yes, I remember those years living in S. TX! You could ride all year long! In the sweltering heat, being blasted by sand. Mile upon endless mile of flat nothingness, always worried about getting squashed by unlicensed mexican drivers....awesome.

i think i've only missed 5 or 6 days due to weather since i got her Thanksgiving weekend. the more i ride her, the more i WANNA ride her.

P.

Tonights forcast is 1 to 3 inches in the lowlands with up to 2 feet of the white shit on the mountain passes. Put the bike back on the tender and will just hafta go skiing. :angry: ;)

Tonights forcast is 1 to 3 inches in the lowlands with up to 2 feet of the white shit on the mountain passes. Put the bike back on the tender and will just hafta go skiing. :angry: ;)

Well that sucks for riding, but hey skiing is not all that bad of an alternative! ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
The ski season has been pitiful at best this year, but with these warmer temps and sunny days, it's time to move into spring. Park the truck and start riding every day. With expected gas prices, can't happen too soon.

Dusting again here last night...mostly gone now. The Doomsayers are predicting ice tomorrow, we'll see how that pans out. :unknw:

--G

Dusting again here last night...mostly gone now. The Doomsayers are predicting ice tomorrow, we'll see how that pans out. :unknw:

--G

You have had more than your share on that side of the state. Don't know about you, but as much as I like being the mountains skiing, I'm ready to move into spring.